DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Grocery getter radiator.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
WTF do photos of your garage sale finds have to do with the locker unit topic?

goob- just stop man

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1596 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
WTF do photos of your garage sale finds have to do with the locker unit topic?

goob- just stop man

A locker is a proper posi unit for a grocery getter with a stroker Big Block Chevrolet on nitrous, no? Confused

It's got a Mega 500 delay box too, in case he decides to enter a Super Pro race in Orlando. Mega 500 runs the electric shifter, we're gonna leave it, for these two reasons.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
grocery getter with a stroker Big Block Chevrolet on nitrous

Then THAT should be the topic heading, so I can skip it, instead of thinking that you had discovered information, or purchased a particular unit, for a reason.

And the f'n pictures man, you're sucking bandwidth.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1596 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows that a locker won't work with THAT radiator..... Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Everyone knows that a locker won't work with THAT radiator..... Roll Eyes

3.50 gear, Bigshot plate, Grizzly locker, 1.64 low gear, grocery getter radiator.

I doubt it ever gets outrun light to light.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Only a small amount of trimming required Strange Engineering case.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Switched from a bigger bearing strip pinion support, to a street / strip pinion support as well. This has a retainer clip to hold the seal in, and an orifice to oil the front bearing, for street duty.

The engine will be done by the weekend pretty much, although we're waiting on the Crower roller camshaft. It's gonna be a billet core, with a hydraulic roller profile. Solid roller lifters tight lash, hydraulic roller spring pressure. Bronze distributor gear.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Didn't plan on making a pull today but we got everything loaded on the dyno. I didn't bring the two carbs with me when the guy who owns the dyno says, damn if we had a carb we could fire this off to break it in a little.

One thing led to another an we made one pull no tuning.

676 hp at 6600. not bad.

They dyno'd another 496 earlier in the day with 990 square ports and a 680 solid roller cam made 620 hp.

Pretty optimistic this will make 700hp Monday when we dig into it tooth and nail tuning.

Nothing but smiles pump gas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Crower calls their hydraulic roller cam the Beast.

I can see now why, it's nasty sounding.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Only need 24 hp.

How much are these Reher Morrison carb spacers worth?

Anyone know? Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pump gas RIPPER 496

Crower Beast hyraulic roller camshaft

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had another 20 hp in there.

Crower Beast hydraulic roller camshaft bad to the bone.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I probably just missed it, but are you still using the hydraulic roller lifters or did you go solid roller? I’m starting to think about selling my 388 sbc that runs on e85 to build a big block pump gas engine instead. Going to go into a back half 77 camaro for some strip/street fun.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
I probably just missed it, but are you still using the hydraulic roller lifters or did you go solid roller? I’m starting to think about selling my 388 sbc that runs on e85 to build a big block pump gas engine instead. Going to go into a back half 77 camaro for some strip/street fun

8620 Crower billet cam core Beast hydraulic roller profile and solid roller lifters.

I think I used Crower brand lifters in this one. Part # 66201.

Use this cam, bad to the bone 620 lbft torque from 4600 to 6100 basically.

This thing is gonna be a real joyride.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For anyone considering a combo such as this for street/strip,the only thing I'd do different is a 9310 billet steel cam core with a pinned on iron distributor gear.

They weren't available when this cam was purchased.

We located one yesterday from Crower, same hydraulic roller grind 4-7 swap. It's in the works for a 4.28 bore version, four bolt main 4.250 stroke Scat crank, Eagle rods BBC next on the chopping block.

The only other changes being a standard volume Mellings billet oil pump (w/same clearances), Edelbrock intake, Comp Gold rockers.

According to the power 620 lb ft torque from 4600 to 6100 basically, this combo would be killer for pump gas Super Pro bracket racing 6200 - 6300 converter 3,000 - 3400 lb powerglide transmission car shifting 6900-7000 rpm's.

Relatively inexpensive & reliable.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You know you screwed it all together just right, when the owner takes it upon himself to make this happen.

Pick and choose carefully who you race with, this ain't no time in history to be hanging out with untrustworthy, unsavory people, no matter what you do for fun / relaxation.