DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Freshen up and now way slow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freshen up and now way slow
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that I never get more than 6 quarts out of my engines including what pours out of the filter when changing the oil and I put 7 in plus fill the filter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Agree with the oil "vanishing".

1 qt of oil = .1 sec in my car!

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
My data was incomplete at the end of last year because I had a computer failure. best I can make out is that it ran a 5.38 at 128 mph Dens Alt 725 wind SE at 3, (track faces north). a 5.36 at 130 Dens Alt 803 wind NE 4, 5.39 at 128 Dens Alt 200ft wind NE at 9, 5.36 at 129 and wind NE at 8.
So given the Dens Alt being 1800 im leaning that motor wasnt making as much power.

Using some weather data that's close to your numbers and assuming your jetting was close, the 5.36 @300ft is somewhere's close to 5.41 @ 1800ft using Hale's formulas. The calcs are pretty much dead on for a few cars I keep data on so the method is reasonably sound.

So, a 5.45 on a predicted 5.41 not knowing if the track was good is maybe not so far off. If you don't pick up 4 in your next outing, then you'll probably need to dig a little deeper in to the cause.

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post