DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Powerglide Issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powerglide Issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just installed a new valve body and everything works as it should except it will not go to second gear when shifted. Any help finding the problem would be greatly appreciated. I am not afraid to disassemble the valve body.

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Make sure the rooster comb is tight and adjusted correctly.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Make sure the rooster comb is tight and adjusted correctly.

And shifter adjustment is still good in 2nd gear.

If the issue persist give us a call and talk to Scott and we'll see if we can help you get back going.

-Dalton.

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My friend disassembled the valve body and found one of the plungers was stuck. He eventually got it out and cleaned everything and reassembled the valve body exactly as it was. However, now he has second gear, but it is where neutral is supposed be and neutral is where second gear is supposed to be. Is it possible one of the plungers is in backwards? If not, where does he go from here?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rarmbruster0001:
My friend disassembled the valve body and found one of the plungers was stuck. He eventually got it out and cleaned everything and reassembled the valve body exactly as it was. However, now he has second gear, but it is where neutral is supposed be and neutral is where second gear is supposed to be. Is it possible one of the plungers is in backwards? If not, where does he go from here?
Thanks in advance for the help.

F.T.I said to call them they will help.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
give me a call,

Greg

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post