DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for Ford Ranger chassis kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Ford Ranger chassis kits
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Any of you guys know of a company offering back halfs and front end suspension upgrade kits for '94 Rangers? Just wondering if the same type of parts offered for the S10 are being offered for the Ranger?
Yes, new "project" in the works. "Stanger Ranger".

Thanks,

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jok, I have been noticing the Ranger model for some years and I think they are good looking and will make a neat project. The back half will be accommodated by most any chassis kit, but you may be a pioneer with the front. Please keep us posted.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jok, with the rear chassis work consider keeping the OE bed mounts in place. [if possible]

With the S-10's I have built, I build a new frame inside the OE frame and keep the OE frame as a guide and jig until the new frame is complete. Then cut away the OE frame, leaving the bed mounts in place. The build of my Super 10 on Class Racers shows the process.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And I think you should wear a mask while in the lanes and driving.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry,
Agreed the plan is to keep original box mounts. Weight is of no concern to me. I want the truck in the 6.50-6.70 window. Low maintenance and run it for years with no major expenses. I like the 103-105 mph, troublesome "window" at the stripe for fast door cars and really tough for fast dragsters.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The MASKS, what a scam they put Americans through! Now a Chinese spy balloon is allowed to just float around snapping millions of hi-res photos. Nice show of weakness by Biden's crew.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
yes but at least they know who was driving the ford lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rusty... good one!! I still see people wearing them! Talk about being controlled and not able to get over it. WOW!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My idea about the mask is in reference to a Lone Ranger mask.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LOL!!! Sorry, we turned that into more political BS!!! My bad! At least you didn't "say shoot the balloon down"..

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jok, I learned about a local racer who has just finished an LS in a Mazda PU. I will look it over and report any info worth sharing.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Good folks.

quote:
Now we have front-end kits for Mustangs, Camaros, Chevyll, Firebirds, Mopars, Thunderbirds, 83-97 Ranger and 53-96 F100/F150 Trucks.

https://ajesuspension.com/

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Close enough to drive to pick it up, too.
Kit looks kinda expensive, but is it really? Wink

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I reached out to them. Might have hit a stumbling block. I found a nice "donor" '88 square Ranger on Marketplace. My son drove down to look at it. Started it up, drove it home and "now it is work truck"!! STOLEN right out from under me !!! LOL!!!! Evidently too good to chop it up. If anyone knows of a pretty solid early Ranger shortbox I am still looking!
Jok

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What about comparing measurements with an S10 tubing doesn’t know what’s around it

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
What about comparing measurements with an S10 tubing doesn’t know what’s around it

I think those Rangers were a mini twin I-beam deal, or something like it, I'm thinking.
When you have a bad idea, stick with it for 50 years! Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375