DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MH rubber roof coating?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MH rubber roof coating?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted
what product and procedure? never done it, the dicor brand use a primer first and very expensive

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
If I ever own another RV, I would get this done to it.

https://rv-armor.com/?gclid=EA...dEAAYAiAAEgLUs_D_BwE

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 732 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used the proguard Liquid Roof. Worked really well. Did it a couple years ago now. You can get it from epdm coatings and I sure else where. Lots of Youtube videos of how to do it.

https://www.epdmcoatings.com/l...oof_applications.php

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:

Goodness that can't be a cheap process!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:

Goodness that can't be a cheap process!

They’re VERY proud of it - like $5k !!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
We used Henry's Tropicool last fall on ours, worked out great.

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Is it cheaper to have someone replace the rubber roof or do the process I posted above?$5k for a lifetime roof repair doesn't seem to bad to me.

The deal with replacing the rubber and sealing it from time to time is just too much work for me. Already lost a motorhome to water damage, not going through that again.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 732 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever try that Flex Seal. I used it on a car trailer roof and seems to work great.

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wondered about the Flex Seal myself. I really need to do the seams on my trailer but I only want to do it once. Still have the original stuff done by Classic in 07.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I wondered about the Flex Seal myself. I really need to do the seams on my trailer but I only want to do it once. Still have the original stuff done by Classic in 07.

My 1999 Pace Shadow GT. I used the Flex seal over a year ago on the seams of my trailer and so far NO leaks. Trailer sits in the sun all the time. That’s why I was wondering about the roof of a Motorhome
Brian

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Did you remove all the old sealer or did you just seal over it?

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have used the flex seal...the motorhome roofs "flex" quite a bit going down ruff roads. The flex seal seemed to work "for the day" but quickly cracked and leaked pretty soon after using the flex seal. Tried it multiple times in the same spot with flex seal and it just kept cracking after days in the sun and usage of the motorhome.

Finally called a mobile RV repair guy and the stuff he used nearly 2 years ago has kept it sealed. He did remove all other sealants before he did the work. He said the sealer would be available at most RV repair places and stuff was very flexible looking before and after it was applied.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir for that input!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For tape I have used the permabond tape and there is a self leveling caulk that works well too for repairs. Both are expensive and both seem to be well worth it. Wonder if I could permabond the entire roof? Power Tool

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post