DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier C07 or D06 tire?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier C07 or D06 tire?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I currently run the C07 compound on my 63 corvette bracket car. (2200 lbs, tube chassis, 33/16 tire, 5.20's in the 1/8th) My 60ft times have been up and down. I was told I may want to try the D06 compound, was told it had a little more traction.
Anybody tried both compounds?
Thanks

Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
My experience with the 06 & 07 has been that the 06 starts getting very inconsistent in heat. So depending on where you are and where you race, I have had better luck with the 07 – However (jump in here Ed) consider switching to MT. You will never look back.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i run a 3183 MT on my roadster tried the co6 didnt like it as much the roll out on the mickey is a bit shorter on the mickey too

Posts: 2 | Location: home | Registered: December 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I ran the D05 and C06 in several different sizes. As far as 60 foot times as long as track temperatures were reasonable they were good. The problem was tire shake and they were terrible in high temperatures and lower temps. The MT tires worked for me in much wider temp ranges both hot and cold. And my best 60 times were with the MT tires but that was not why I changed it was just a bonus.
With track temps under 60* and humid outside the D05 was on edge and may or may not hook. When track temps got over 150* which is not uncommon here in Texas Summers the Hoosier would start pulling up rubber off the track on the big end and would move around a lot. The MT tires worked better in a wider temp range.
I do not think the D05 or C06 will be an improvement for you they are softer and I think the C07 is probably best.
Which brings me to last thought. I think that the Hoosier tire should work on your car as it is plenty big enough and makes me wonder if you have some other issue going on? Like chassis or shock issue. Really with that size tire almost any brand and compound should hook.
Have you got good video to see what tire is doing? Are you sure it is a tire issue?
Even something like an ignition or carb issues can effect 60 foot times.
I am not a Hoosier fan but not 100% sure the tire is the problem and hate to see you wasting time and money on something that may not be the problem.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's input.

Curly1 - You are probably right about other things going on. My car is kind of a new build, I have changed the convertor since last season, still playing with shock set up. On days where I feel the car is doing good it will throw me a odd 60 ft at times, thats why I was wondering about the tire compound. I will probably go back with the C07 that is already on the car.

Thanks again,
Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve VanderSloot
posted Hide Post
18500's Here with a similar speed car. Happy with the C7 compound.

Posts: 638 | Location: Kalamazoo, MI, USA | Registered: March 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Steve - Thanks for the input.
I will probably go back with the C07

Thanks
Brian

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well if you are not really happy with the results of the old tire now would be a good time to try something new.
I think the MT is a better tire but you may have some other issues that need to be addressed what ever tire you run. Still a better tire is more forgiving.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post