DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone seen a Track Warrior yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone seen a Track Warrior yet?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I changed my mind took it apart, gonna put pistons in it so I can spray it, and a big hydraulic roller.

I'm just gonna knock the glaze out of the cylinders with a dingle berry hone, ring and bearing it. It'll be fine street / strip.

I just picked up a 4 bolt steel crank short block cheap, cheap, cheap.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Yella Terra rockers?

Yes that was the brand. Thanks Tony!
FWIW, they are really nice pieces.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guy in Michigan one day priority mailed these here. There's some good people out there still.

I didn't expect that at all.

These are new! Worked out better than expected.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't run Crane gold rockers on my lawn mower. I had one come apart and know of many other similar instances.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
I wouldn't run Crane gold rockers on my lawn mower. I had one come apart and know of many other similar instances.

Really?! I've never heard of Crane Gold rocker failing. What would you suggest? I have these Crower stainless rockers too.

It's a BBC 454 street car I'm throwing together for neighborhood thrill rides, on Weekends.

Comp Cams Big Mutha thumper hydraulic camshaft, 6500 rpm redline.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am courious as to the Crower rockers. I have used shaft rockers before but only on .800 lift and up and a little more seat pressure than the .730 lift and smaller. All the smaller lift stuff I have used either Crane gold or Harland Sharp. Never had either one come apart but have noticed some roughness after a whole alot of runs of a couple and change them out or replaced the whole set. That being said my current set up has Crane gold and probably have 500-600 runs on them. Making me a little nervous and since they do not make the Crane's any more was going the get Harlan sharp. Now I did see the Crower I think enduros and along comes this post. What is the feed back on the Crower?

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
I am courious as to the Crower rockers. I have used shaft rockers before but only on .800 lift and up and a little more seat pressure than the .730 lift and smaller. All the smaller lift stuff I have used either Crane gold or Harland Sharp. Never had either one come apart but have noticed some roughness after a whole alot of runs of a couple and change them out or replaced the whole set. That being said my current set up has Crane gold and probably have 500-600 runs on them. Making me a little nervous and since they do not make the Crane's any more was going the get Harlan sharp. Now I did see the Crower I think enduros and along comes this post. What is the feed back on the Crower?

The Crowers were on this dragster when I did the engine & transmission 2014. They wanted shafts on it then, I talked them out of it. 2020 the engine was sent to Nesbittt for a freshen, Nesbittt put shafts on it. They called me and asked if I wanted the Crowers, I talked em out of taking off in 2014. I said hell yeah.

I bought the analog 7AL-3 red box ignition system out of the dragster too. We're gonna use both the Crower rockers and ignition system on a no prep 70 Nova I'm doing the Big Duke 540 engine & powerglide transmission for. Nice car. It's a show car.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bullet Cams is doing the cam for the no prep car. I think it's around 860 lift, we have a couple sets of studs, one is the ARP pro series off the dragster, and we actually have two stud girdles now, the guy with the dragster gave me everything associated with the stud mount valve train . So we're gonna find out about these Crower rockers.

They'll hold up fine I'm sure.