DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone seen a Track Warrior yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone seen a Track Warrior yet?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Cross between a Strip Dominator and a Team G.

Has some street manners, 3000 - 7500 rpm.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, should be here tomorrow!

Street / Strip tune up.

Street / Strip muscle cars are bringing big money, going like hotcakes.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Permanent cast molding, check out the finish.

This is new technology.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike is that a #7622.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
Mike is that a #7622.

I have a 7620 coming from Summit, JEGS were out of stock on these.

The intake in the video is a 7622 square port version.

A reliable birdie tells me this is the killer street / strip intake. This is a light weight intake because of the permanent molding process.

Intakes are in a real shortage right now, Summit has 5 of these, Amazon has 6.

I don't think Edelbrock is up and running yet.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike I would be interested in how the manifold performs and what carb works best. Helping a friend with his 468. He just removed his old Eddy Turantula side winder and installed the 7622. It's going to be a couple of months before he gets to the track, so I'm assuming you will have your car out before that. Would appreciate your input. The car is a Super Streeter race only

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
Mike I would be interested in how the manifold performs and what carb works best. Helping a friend with his 468. He just removed his old Eddy Turantula side winder and installed the 7622. It's going to be a couple of months before he gets to the track, so I'm assuming you will have your car out before that. Would appreciate your input. The car is a Super Streeter race only

Will do Sir

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Who makes that one?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"Weiand" makes the 7622

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Intake will surely be here FED EX any minute. I'll post a photo soon as it gets here.

I can't wait to see the finish on it, and how light weight it is.

It needs quite a bit of work to port match from what I'm told, ports are puny.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did someone see dyno numbers on this manifold or something? I'm just wondering why the sudden interest in this manifold.
Not trying to stir up any shyt, just wondering...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh never mind, I see the manifold is being mentioned as a possible good street-strip piece...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Oh never mind, I see the manifold is being mentioned as a possible good street-strip piece...

Yeah, it's a street / strip. We have a 70 split bumper Camaro with a 245 9" 3400 converter, BBC 454 with a Big Mutha Thumper Comp Cams, it's going on.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a good feeling about this intake on this combo, it's a perfect fit, Comp Cams Big Mutha Thumper cam, 245 9" 3400 converter.

Good looking intake, low, carb at the exact same height as a Performer RPM, with a 1" spacer.

I'm surprised these haven't caught on more, 650-700 hp BBC. Killer footbrake intake power 3,000-7,000 rpm.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Back in the day we switched from a C-454 to a Team-G and got a questionable .03 gain in ET, no MPH. Closed chamber 427 with a Lenco 4-speed, you'd have expected a world of difference.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Back in the day we switched from a C-454 to a Team-G and got a questionable .03 gain in ET, no MPH. Closed chamber 427 with a Lenco 4-speed, you'd have expected a world of difference.

This is a drift car, we've got it all taken apart in primer ready for paint, I'm mocking all this up, I gotta pull the engine and fix it , I think it got a wrist pin, rattles when it warms up. We got all newly upholstered interior and dash for, it'll be a joyride in a month or so.

It'll bring 20k completed, 71 split bumper Camaro , been sitting 15 years.

The cast aluminum valve covers are getting powder coated balck, new intake hammer coat.

It probably will see the drag strip test n tune.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Picked up some goody's today for the Big Duke Brodix no prep BBC 70 Nova.

Still looking for 7/16 1.7 Crane Gold rockers for the drift car. It's hard to imagine nobody is making those anymore.

Anyone have a line on some Crane Gold BBC rockers you're looking to unload, PM me. I'm looking.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Still looking for 7/16 1.7 Crane Gold rockers for the drift car. It's hard to imagine nobody is making those anymore.

I assembled a 468 for a racer last Fall, only equivalent he could find was a set of nearly identical looking rockers made in Australia. I was skeptical, but I compared them to the Crane Gold rockers on my engine, and was highly impressed. Inspected each one, hand lubed and felt every one of the trunnions and rollers, very nice smooth rockers. His cam was a solid roller .714/.695 lift. Saw him at the track a couple months ago, he has put a ton of laps on the thing, goes rounds regularly, double enters. I know he is meticulous about maintenance, checking lash, springs, etc. He said he is still extremely pleased with the entire piece. But I cannot for the life of me remember what brand they were. I will try to reach him for info. Anyone know a brand of rocker arms made in Ozzy Land? Confused

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I assembled a 468 for a racer last Fall, only equivalent he could find was a set of nearly identical looking rockers made in Australia. I was skeptical, but I compared them to the Crane Gold rockers on my engine, and was highly impressed. Inspected each one, hand lubed and felt every one of the trunnions and rollers, very nice smooth rockers. His cam was a solid roller .714/.695 lift. Saw him at the track a couple months ago, he has put a ton of laps on the thing, goes rounds regularly, double enters. I know he is meticulous about maintenance, checking lash, springs, etc. He said he is still extremely pleased with the entire piece. But I cannot for the life of me remember what brand they were. I will try to reach him for info. Anyone know a brand of rocker arms made in Ozzy Land? Confused

That's a great idea. Made in Australia is good chit, example Rollmaster timing chain sets.

I'm on it, thank you Sir.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Yella Terra rockers?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Yella Terra rockers?

That's it.

Just landed a set, FB friend had a brand new set of spares, recently switched to shafts.

They'll be here Monday from Michigan.

Got lucky!!