New
Find
Notify
Tools

carb info
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
anyone know where I may find info on bleed sizes for a stock 1150 dominator i got this POS chuck nuytten carb with stock metering blocks that wont run. I see nothing special about this carb except it has screw in air bleeds which I believe someone has touched.

idle bleed .024
inter .042
high .027

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
assuming gas,go to
37 idle
60 int
31 high
make a short hit and check data and plugs and et slip

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
assuming gas,go to
37 idle
60 int
31 high
make a short hit and check data and plugs and et slip

yes its gas and thanks for the reply. Do you mind sharing where you got this info?

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lol pulled straight from my ass,if carb is not totally snafued it should be close

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro77:
anyone know where I may find info on bleed sizes for a stock 1150 dominator i got this POS chuck nuytten carb with stock metering blocks that wont run. I see nothing special about this carb except it has screw in air bleeds which I believe someone has touched.

idle bleed .024
inter .042
high .027

Holley makes more than 1 1150 carb, which one?

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
al I dont know because the main body has no # on it I believe it must have been bought a as builders body. I am being told it is a 1150 from previous owner

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
al I dont know because the main body has no # on it I believe it must have been bought a as builders body. I am being told it is a 1150 from previous owner

How does it run? Do you have a data logger with O2? Idle bleeds are easy to adjust if needed, if you got a good clean idle and it comes up on the 2 step cleanly. there good!

High speeds and intermediate bleeds are much tougher to tune without and O2 curve, trail and error with some plug reading or a dyno session.

If you decide to tune at the track make a good size change, at least 6 sizes.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

How does it run? Do you have a data logger with O2? Idle bleeds are easy to adjust if needed, if you got a good clean idle and it comes up on the 2 step cleanly. there good!

High speeds and intermediate bleeds are much tougher to tune without and O2 curve, trail and error with some plug reading or a dyno session.

If you decide to tune at the track make a good size change, at least 6 sizes.

Totally agree....except the high side...with two or three circuit carbs, 6 numbers on the bleed is generally about 24 numbers on the jet. I would pull the mid bleed completely out, get the idle and transition right then sneak up on a good plug reading with progressively longer pulls until it looks safe....then use the mid bleed as a fine tune feature.
(Dang auto correct on this phone, hard enough with fat fingers)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry Kathe,

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post