DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastman-99:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
quote:
Do you have any examples of why 100 bux is safer than 49?

Never said one was better than the other but how many of the $49 have you seen on race cars? Ever seen the company sponsor any race or racer? Meziere, built by racers for racers.

There are a ton of products out there that you can use and its your money spend any way you want so make your choice and I really hope its never tested.

So your answer would be. No I have no examples?
Not worthy

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not sure just what your looking for but take a walk through the pro stock pits and see how many of the $49 ones you find. You’ll see plenty of Meziere caps.

Look guys, I’m sure it’s a fine product but do you really want something plastic holding your hot water or a good American built cap?

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Not sure just what your looking for but take a walk through the pro stock pits and see how many of the $49 ones you find. You’ll see plenty of Meziere caps.

Look guys, I’m sure it’s a fine product but do you really want something plastic holding your hot water or a good American built cap?

You'll also see $18000.00 shocks on the back of just about every prostock car too. Do we need those too? Shake head Most people aren't using plastic radiator caps either. I'm not knocking Meziere. They make quality parts. But some times a less expensive part can do the job just as good or better than the high dollar part.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s a professional class and if it takes $18,000 shocks to win I guess you need them.

Like I said, I’m sure it’s a fine product. Your car and money to spend where you want.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And I hope you never have to find out if either one works

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Y’all gone knock a d a m n $100 radiator cap...but not a $1500 carb...a $1000 converter...a $3000 third member...I can go on an on...either one could save your A S S one day the $49 or the $100 one I choose the latter....choose your own POISON....shut up an race....WHOMP OUT.....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I spent over $1000 for a pour in seat because I think it makes me safer.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<DOTracer>
posted
I some how lost a radiator cap during a run last season. Got very lucky water didn't get under the tires but the hot water stained alot of stuff under the hood that won't clean up.

After that I went home and immediately purchased the Meziere locking cap. Didn't care if it was over $100. I would have gladly paid that years ago if I knew the damage I now have that can't be cleaned up, much less the risk of wrecking the car from water under the tires.

I asked the track if they found the cap anywhere so I could see if the tangs failed or what, but it never was found.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
I some how lost a radiator cap during a run last season. Got very lucky water didn't get under the tires but the hot water stained alot of stuff under the hood that won't clean up.

After that I went home and immediately purchased the Meziere locking cap. Didn't care if it was over $100. I would have gladly paid that years ago if I knew the damage I now have that can't be cleaned up, much less the risk of wrecking the car from water under the tires.

I asked the track if they found the cap anywhere so I could see if the tangs failed or what, but it never was found.
No telling how many times I’ve notice were fluid has run down below the caps on guys cars in the staging lanes because it’s gonna leave a stain or seen were they rapped a shop rag around the cap....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
I’ve always used this and never had a problem.
https://www.mittlerbros.com/sa...ijBnh5QaAobgEALw_wcB

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post