DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Heads up racing, killing time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads up racing, killing time
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
May try some heads up and index racing out in FL. May run 5.00 and 6.00 index, just need to figure out how to kill 8 to 9 tenths between rounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SmokinChicken,

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
For 6.0 shift the 1-2 0.32 after TB release and then pull 6-10* timing for 6.5 seconds.

I assume (from previous post) you have MSD 7330 (newer 7al3).

If you have a delay box with multiple timers you could set this up on a toggle switch to go from one to the other, or if it has two mode settings it could possibly be used this way.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea I have the new 7AL 3. I shift with the box on RPM. Pulling that timing wont cause any issues with motor?

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If using a crank trigger and having the distributor phased correctly removing 10* won’t damage your engine. If using the trigger from a locked distributor, removing 10* should not cause any problems.

You need to have a delay box with multiple timers to do the shift and timing retard to see what effect it has on your ET. What delay box model do you have ??

Personally I don’t think you can reduce the ET by .9 in the 1/8 mile but it hurts nothing and is easy to try.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
"Heads up' and "Index" are different types of racing. just sayin...

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

True dat. But it makes the lowly throttle stop racer feel all warm and fuzzy. Images of Glidden dance in their heads!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The index racing is a blast. I run regular bracket racing and then also run the SHRA NE2 class which is a 5.00 Index with .400 ,370?) Pro tree. Completely different challenge to make run the number at different tracks, weather and altitudes. We have raced at Density Altitude of under 500 feet of air to over 7550 feet of air and we are not allowed delay boxes or throttle stops. Lots of fun and very challenging.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 23taltered:

I was assuming no TS allowed.

There is another way to do this that I’ve used when running a 10.20 class with no TS allowed. My method was not well received and eventually they instituted a rule that band it. But I liked it and it worked well.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes I know heads up and Index is different, was speaking about doing them all. Have 2 different cars.

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard HEADS UP!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post