DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    PG 101 Input Shafts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PG 101 Input Shafts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
More for the old brain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...GAY&feature=emb_logo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Hey, stop posting useful and informative information!!! What if someone makes good use of that??????

Hahahahahhahahhahah

Great video

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That wouldn't be good if someone was able to put it to good use. (sarcasm)

What I found was the 1.125 ringless shaft works great with a spragless converter 3000hp. But if you hang a mechanical diode converter on the stator, being the stator is thin to allow for the rings and 1.125 input shaft, the stator then in turn twists. I suspect it may be less of an issue today at higher pressures with the advent of supported pin servo's and proper servo springs to combat pin bias.

Although, I'd still prefer to use a spragless converter with a 1.125 input.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post