DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    firewall trans catch can install
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

firewall trans catch can install
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tech is non existent everywhere and the NHRA is only interested in cert/sfi dates.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
I think that is a good point. I don't currently have one but think the addition would be an added safety insurance.

Not a bad idea, you can sizzle a transmission half track.

They won't sizzle sitting in the trailer.

Good call adding logic in contrast to illogic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Diaper is a good idea too and insurance too. I am going to add both.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I tore a Sprag up on a converter last year that caused trans to overheat and push fluid out the breather but didn’t get it on my tires luckily. I am putting catch cam on for this reason. A little insurance never hurt and yep trans was built by Rossler.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wounded a sprag once in 30 years bracket racing. Didn’t overheat the trans nor puke one drop of trans fluid and yep the trans was built by Rossler.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I read an old post on YB from Pete at Hughes who advised the OP "Overfull, overheating, loose/cracked/damaged filter extension up near case entry, loose valve body bolts/leaks at valve body, or warped/mismatched pump halves are all potential causes for fluid venting."
I wonder how common that scenario is. Replacing the filter extension tube is something I can do without pulling the trans out.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I wounded a sprag once in 30 years bracket racing. Didn’t overheat the trans nor puke one drop of trans fluid and yep the trans was built by Rossler.

You want a medal? You Da Man

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nah, metals are for the Friday night crowd, we collect Wally’s NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nah, metals are for the Friday night crowd, we collect Wally’s NahNahTounge[/QUOTE

Pretty sure you spit some metal out this year, it happens. I spoke of medals, a badge that some can wear proudly. Not metals .

Do you talk to the Wally? Ask it for advice, dance with it or just snuggle with it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
iPhone auto correct.

That said, all that matters is I've got the Wally's and you don't! Spitting

Meanwhile, I was at Atco all day today making passes without a trans puke tank just as I have for 30 years because my transmissions don't puke and of course you weren't there, no different than any other day at Atco.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^Bonehead Alert^^^^

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^^p u s s y Alert^^^^

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Fustercluck alert! Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I actually was at the track today after my son's soccer game.
Didn't see you but I wasn't looking, all I saw was imports.
Racing was over at 5 o'clock. Sad to say, but I will agree with 1320 that drag racing is dying.

PS I never had a trans can but I don't think it would hurt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
was told 170 cars were there. Saw many street cars including a new corvette, some imports and 2 lanes of real race cars. We did see 3 familiar faces....Rick Mattioli, Steve Vancranest and Ed Franks.

Was pitted right at the entrance to the lanes, Made the 2 passes we had planned and hit the exit by 4:00.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So how many wallys have you won as a driver and when and where were they won? Give all the info or none at all.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you first, with photos, THEN I'll do the same. Spitting

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well just proves my point you got as many as me NONE ! And I have as many as I claimed to own... none. Never said I had one but I have never tried to win one either.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong now STFU! just proves my point you have NONE unlike me! NahNahTounge

You and your shyt box couldn't win on ladies day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good grief.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post