Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Something Interesting with TD and TS at Atco Open
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Interesting with TD and TS at Atco Open
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
http://www.nhradiv1.com/conten...leid=70527&zoneid=12

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 657 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Looks like the becoming issue. Poor field count. I think it was 2-3 years ago, RT66 could only get 15-16 entries in TD. Looked pretty grim to me at a divisional.

Posts: 367 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that some are tired of spending $100k on a race car to only run for $1,500.00 + sticker money? Will slower fields increase participation? Time will tell.

Shameless plug: I have a 2017 Spitzer and 880 inch EFI motor for sale for this style racing! Just faster than average equipment for the class.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Looks like the becoming issue. Poor field count. I think it was 2-3 years ago, RT66 could only get 15-16 entries in TD. Looked pretty grim to me at a divisional.

I think you're thinking of the 2016 race, but they still had 27 that year. Given that they rebounded to 39 for 2017 and had 40+ before that, I think that can be written off as an anomaly. 2017 was my first time making any D3 races, so I can't say why there was a dropoff that year. Maybe the forecast was terrible? I know that hurt Indy last year.

Posts: 47 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am gonna say this idea will be a failure. Atco has a good bracket program with many dragsters capable of running well below 7.70 and these guys just don't race divisionals. The entry is higher and they would racing for less money than their normal bracket program. None of these guys showed up in the past so why now? The added incentive is not enough but it is better than nothing...

Posts: 1196 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
slower fields may not increase participation

run 190 mph in super comp but have different regulations on the car and safety equipment if you run the same car in top dragster

Posts: 335 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
I am gonna say this idea will be a failure. Atco has a good bracket program with many dragsters capable of running well below 7.70 and these guys just don't race divisionals. The entry is higher and they would racing for less money than their normal bracket program. None of these guys showed up in the past so why now? The added incentive is not enough but it is better than nothing...

this^^^

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 9370 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
up our way we found raising the minimum had a different effect.alot of the fast cars didn't show up because the 6.20-6.50 guys didn't want to run a bunch of 7.90 cars.
gained 3-4 7.70 plus cars and lost 5 or 6 mid to low 6 second cars.

Posts: 773 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^ this in our area

Posts: 233 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight because I'm NOT GOING.
I believe it will be as a few here have stated and won't reap the benefits of added car counts. Maybe a few fast guys will go to test but I doubt a lot will show up.
Time will tell.

I LOVE going FAST but NHRA should be concerned about a 7.99 car spiking the brakes like they always do in a regular bracket race because they don't see me then they get crossed up.
It won't be pretty ESPECIALLY since they won't have the normal TD stuff.

I've seen it MANY times, as I'm closing in on guys at the stripe, their cars moving closer to the center line and then make a BIG move (left or right) when they stab the brakes.

Fire doesn't care if you are going 6.00 or 7.99, it still burns.

PDRA is looking better especially with the Elite 16 with added payout $$$.

Not worthy

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 657 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Same deal in S/C...

Watched All Access last year from a race I was at...and saw one racer get so sideways at the finishline it's a wonder he did not crash...

A 170mph car....and I bet his heart was pounding after that run....

I sincerely doubt moving the minimum ET up will make much of a difference in car counts.

Posts: 1496 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post