DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ISO Adjustable Strut Cup Socket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISO Adjustable Strut Cup Socket
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Im looking for the socket that goes in the top of a adjustable strut cut to adjust car height. I purchased a car that has them but dont have the socket or even know what size or what its called.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I made my own. I took a 15/16" socket, bored the square out, added a length of tubing, then welded a handle on the top.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I made my own. I took a 15/16" socket, bored the square out, added a length of tubing, then welded a handle on the top.

Its not the one that goes in the center to adjust the strut its the one that actually catches the cup and turns it.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
Google search Jeff Melnick at Exoctic Fabrication and Welding out of the Hubbard, Ohio area. I believe he make what you are looking for.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Chris Alston setup

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post