New
Find
Notify
Tools

Header coatings
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Good evening. Finally getting to the point of working on our car to get back in shape for racing again. Looking for advice on header coatings. Have an older set of Hookers that have the typical rusty appearance. Hoping for something that will stay looking good over a long period of time. Just checked on Nitroplate and it appears they don't take small jobs from little guys like us anymore. Have used Jet-Hot many years ago and had bad results with theirs flaking badly after about a year. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Billy Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro

Posts: 11 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Call Danny Ross FoxFire Costing in Oakboro NC been using him for 20 years and very pleased with his work.

http://foxfirecoatings.com/

Posts: 112 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have tried several ceramic type coatings. I really like nickle plating

Posts: 77 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will be calling him next week. May be making a trip to Charlotte soon & looks like they're close by.

quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
Call Danny Ross FoxFire Costing in Oakboro NC been using him for 20 years and very pleased with his work.

http://foxfirecoatings.com/

Billy Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro

Posts: 11 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
M&R in Kodak,TN did mine in silver ceramic. i bought the headers slightly used and it's been quite a few years ago and they still look great.

Posts: 449 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I have used these guys:

http://www.centralctcoatings.com/

Stuff is far better than Jet-Hot.

Posts: 1683 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
My headers have been coated by Gene aka Central Connecticut Coatings

http://www.centralctcoatings.com/

for over 2 decades and back from when he was Airborne Coatings.

just got my new headers back from him and no surprise having dealt with him for over 2 decades, they look great...

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

< FOR SALE v

Posts: 9346 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Looks like I have some options. Checked the websites and they all look impressive.

Billy Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HPC in Oklahoma did a bad ass job on some rusty 7 yr old headers an mufflers or me.

Posts: 6 | Location: Here | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And mufflers for me. Auto correct trouble...sorry

Posts: 6 | Location: Here | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of superpro54
posted Hide Post
I would like to have mine redone. Is it an issue removing the old jethot?

Posts: 80 | Location: Brooksville FL  | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
No

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

< FOR SALE v

Posts: 9346 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, is that the aluminum ceramic coating on his homepage?

Posts: 127 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
yes

O'IT!

< FOR SALE v