DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mounting on board air compressor?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting on board air compressor?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
Can anyone post some pictures of how they mounted their on board air compressor in the front of their dragster? Did you have to build the mounts? If so, what did you use?

Thanks!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Working on getting a picture of my brothers, but he just added one to his car this winter.. The car had a plate in front of the foot box that held two batteries at one time and we downsized to 1 16V with an alternator and put the compressor right in front of the battery.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine also has another setup that could work.. it’s an air compressor that has a small built in tank on it itself, and is considered a continuous duty air compressor.. basically whenever you plug in to say air up your tires, it kicks on to maintain the pressure you need rather than kick on and off filling a tank.. it’s a neat setup also. I’m still getting pics of my brothers, then I gotta figure out how to post them. LOL

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6 | Location: Midwest | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've got one like the one Ed shows, Man, that thing is loud, I need to look at mounting it on some rubber bushings.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
both my air compressors are mounted on rubber isolators

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine is on rubber too, it’s still loud. I put a magnetic switch on my foot pedal that shuts it off when your foot is on the floor so it’s not distracting while I’m staging the car.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, if your compressor is running while you are staging your lines/fittings are leaking or your tank is too small.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what are you using the compressors for on the cars?

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Starting line enhancer and shifter.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Olejniczak:
Just curious, what are you using the compressors for on the cars?

That runs all the stuff we have added so you don't have to actually drive the car.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
and air up tires in lanes

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I run Hoosiers Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed,

It’s one of those just in case things and I have the bigger tank.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, all I'm saying is that if you can't go from your pit to staging the car you are leaking air. My lines/tanks hold over 90psi overnight.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed,

It’s a timing thing. At some point during the weekend after how ever many runs you make the pressure switch will kick the compressor on.

I just don’t want it coming on while I’m on the enhancer fixing to stage the car. Dan at Diamond suggested it and it weighs nothing and was easy to wire up.

On another subject, I’m anxious to try the electric throttle stop you suggested but I’m building a bracket to add the air cylinder in case I don’t like it. Just like to cover all the bases.