New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biondo HS 0
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Does or has anyone use/d the Biondo HS-0 BUTTON?

And opinion, pros, cons?

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.biondoracing.com/product/HSA-O.html

This one in the link. I don't need a lot of delay. Just less 0.00RED. I typically used the very popular double 0. I also have the 0.01 slow button biondo makes but would like to try a long throw.

If you have a long throw which one have you ended up using and have you had issues with any brands you wouldn't reccomend.
This unit used the same Omron switch that the Double 0 uses.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not the HS button - I use their Terminator button when I run index & Pro Dial. It worked as advertised with the delay built in and the .005 per shim. I use it with just one shim and again the math works out compared to the delay box and standard button.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks. My friend uses a JIT and he really likes/liked it and then it appeared to beging throwing crazy numbers out of nowhere. Like it was sticking. I didnt know if others have had this happen with this or other buttons.
I have seen
JIT
DRP
Terminator
And the one I am looking at.
From a design standpoint I like the simplicity of both the term and HS0.

BG

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using a Terminator for several years.

Before I put it in the car, I did a bunch of testing on the practice tree with the shims, and I didn’t see much difference there. The button itself is pretty slow, even with all shims installed.

I run it with 2 or 3 shims out, I think. I’ve never had it stick, but it’s much less likely to do so if I’m not using a lot of throw. I just use it to create enough delay, but from there I make any needed adjustments through launch RPM and maybe tire pressure.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the input. I am really working on eliminating any anticipating or trying to find the waiting spot on last light and just REACTING to the flash.

BG