DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    AutoMeter Stack Race Dash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AutoMeter Stack Race Dash
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone here use the Auto Meter Stack race Dash and have it set up to record runs? Im trying to figure out how to get it to start recording off of trans break release

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
I run that dash and I have the record button beside my shifter to activate before I prestage. Don't see any advantage of recording off the t-brake release, otherwise it would record every time I back up.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Could you share how you have it set up to work off a record button? Settings etc.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure you set it up to see rpm to arm it, then it backs up one second from trans brake release. I think it may be in the alarms tab of the software. Autometer has a YouTube channel with some information also.

Duane Allen

Posts: 29 | Location: Sandston VA | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes its currently set up to record off of RPM, Issue here is that it starts during the burnout.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a Racepak but I intentionally record the burnout. Lots of things can happen during the burnout.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
Mines been programmed so long ago I don't remember how it was set up.

I would suggest calling Marc Erickson at Autometer and he should be able to get you straight pretty easily.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I have a Racepak but I intentionally record the burnout. Lots of things can happen during the burnout.

Good point...

Which racepak do you have Vern?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I just have the Sportsman but I have it setup to record 02 sensor, oil pressure, fuel pressure and vacuum. Those are extras besides what it already records. The nice thing for me is I have a baseline and if something seems amiss I can take a quick look and make sure it all checks out.

It's nice to look at the throttle stop stuff also to make sure that's all working right too.

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Mark,

I just have the Sportsman but I have it setup to record 02 sensor, oil pressure, fuel pressure and vacuum. Those are extras besides what it already records. The nice thing for me is I have a baseline and if something seems amiss I can take a quick look and make sure it all checks out.

It's nice to look at the throttle stop stuff also to make sure that's all working right too.

I'm going to look into that after the first of the year....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have an older v300, which is great. But....today there is no reason to not have either an sd card or wireless download. It's a pain in the rear to go to the car with the laptop between rounds. If it stored a few runs that would be better.

I also wish that the racepak vnet stuff talked to other brands of technology better. I have to download my efi data anyhow. So it would be nice to grab the racepak data at the same time.

I have mentioned before: If you think you would EVER go efi, skip the data recorder now and just get the efi ecu. Even if you don't use it to drive anything, you can data record with it, and not waste the investment. You can dip your toes in by driving just the ignition, or just the fuel.

People look at me like I have two heads when I recommend this. But an efi ecu will do everything plus way more than a recorder will and often is no additional money.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

That would be a pain alright. The only time I need the laptop at the car is to do something with the ignition or to add a sensor.

Having the SD card is nice.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to make the Stack Dash sensors work with a Sportsman Racepack? Or do you need to buy all new sensors.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Smoke im not sure if they will work together, maybe some way to adapt them.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post