DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
You ever met Kenny Underwood, Gary Williams, Troy Williams...nah nevermind...

How about Ryan Richardson (Edmonds son) winning the 3rd day at ardmore After taking the Hoosiers off and going BUBBA on their AZZ Sunday for the WIN. The f'n Hoosier would not go down the track while the Bubba's and Goodyear's were all weekend but one freaking pass? MT won every f'n day in BOX...WTF Ed? YOU BLIND?

Who da dumb f u c now?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jay Bunce, the runner up one day to Hunter was on a regular Goodyear, not the fancy R&D one.

The job the Ardmore crew did was spectacular. Those guys and gals worked their asses off.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
You ever met Kenny Underwood, Gary Williams, Troy Williams...nah nevermind...

How about Ryan Richardson (Edmonds son) winning the 3rd day at ardmore After taking the Hoosiers off and going BUBBA on their AZZ Sunday for the WIN. The f'n Hoosier would not go down the track while the Bubba's and Goodyear's were all weekend but one freaking pass? MT won every f'n day in BOX...WTF Ed? YOU BLIND?

Who da dumb f u c now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I almost feel bad for TORQIN...NOT he's a dumb
His experience comes from what he reads on the forums and his logic is based on what what he has failed to do.

Wait a sec....TORQIN has talked about running all different kinds of tires on this thread and learning what works best to improve his program.

You just keep beating the Hoosier drum over and over without trying anything else. But you can ask MT for their sponsorship! Big Grin

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More of the same clueless comments...I've run all different kinds of tires over decades and Hoosier improved my program as it has for the majority of NHRA Class racers and bracket racers in the country!!!

Again, I didn't ask emp-tee for their sponsorship.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Really? I bet you did and wont tell us...

Good luck with your program Ed...we see who is clueless.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Creed:
Jay Bunce, the runner up one day to Hunter was on a regular Goodyear, not the fancy R&D one.

The job the Ardmore crew did was spectacular. Those guys and gals worked their asses off.

What do ya think of that Ed? Goodyear's swept the FINALS! Not a single Hoosier won big money electronics last weekend in Ardmore.

Your the clueless one with bias and brutality towards anything you don't use.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Seen this video the other day from some test runs last weekend and was really surprised at the worble that's always pinned on Hoosiers. Just say'n

Also my old Pink car won last weekend in Georgia going high 4.5x and I had multiple people tell me they were the best cars on the property. And yes Hoosiers were on them ALL weekend Wink

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the boss..KNOWS! clapping

chrissy, now big money is $2k and $5K? Laughing very hard

I don't have to travel more than 3 hours to race for $5k to $20K all season long and the majority of the winners at those races will be on Hoosiers! NahNahTounge

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good info Boss! Can you tell us your version of who has more tires on the ground at Big money races? 3k and 6k...get it right Ed.

The video showed MT which showed mediocre...any Hoosier video on the same car from last weekend in slow mo? I bet the Hoosiers wouldn't go down on that car on that pass.

Ed you like me...I can tell. You put a y on the end of my name...Ed you dont travel...lmao

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
not in the way you dream about Shake head

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
More of the same clueless comments...I've run all different kinds of tires over decades and Hoosier improved my program as it has for the majority of NHRA Class racers and bracket racers in the country!!!

Again, I didn't ask emp-tee for their sponsorship.

Doesn’t take much to improve your program. Eek

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Seen this video the other day from some test runs last weekend and was really surprised at the worble that's always pinned on Hoosiers. Just say'n

Also my old Pink car won last weekend in Georgia going high 4.5x and I had multiple people tell me they were the best cars on the property. And yes Hoosiers were on them ALL weekend Wink

Back in the day I went those ET's on 33.5x 16 CO6 Hooisers. Worked good, but once I used a 125 NOS shot for TD, nope! If I had MT's back then I would not of had that issue. Also tire shake in the BO was an issue at times. When I built a larger motor I went to their 34.5 tires, lasted one race, they shook so hard in the BO it would break the car if I left them on. Tried some GY's, they were good until it got hot then tire shake. Went to MT's and never looked back.
Point being, the tuning window for a 4.60 car is much wider than a 4.30 car and that MT's are the most user friendly tires out there by far to date for faster dragsters. That doesn't mean the other tires are junk or whatever! As for either GY and Hoosier working on catching up to MT for these cars, competition is good for all!
Last point, a good running consistent car relies on a lot more that the large black rubber thingies on the rear of the car! Wink

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hunter Patton throws the Goodyear's on the dragster and wins 1st day big money in Ardmore Oklahoma!

Same exact size tire as the Big Bubba. Kid tested back to back last week and ran identical numbers as the Big Bubba and wins on the GY very next week.

Congrats to Hunter and the crew that made the trip!

TORQIN, have been following this thread right along. You dragster guys have different results than the door car crowd, but when these new Goodyears start seeing action on some door cars please share the results here.

Thanks....

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Torqin,
Does Hunter have any kind of data logger on his car you were trying the tires on ? How about your cars your going to be trying them on ? Wondering what the D/S graph looked like.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
That kid could win in a pink dump truck with Toyos on it. pft

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Hunter does have a logger and I can get that side by side info with MT and Goodyear's from last weekend.

Agreed the kid can win any where anytime...

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Will do Mitch!

After speaking with a well known drag racer and close friend this evening...just a couple things I would like to say.

I have to admit Ed kinda makes me hate Hoosier with his bias pointof view...but the more I think about it I am just more disappointed that they have not been what I was so used to getting from them (Hoosier). The MT does the job well and the Goodyear's are certainly pretty promising.

I also realize the money drives the world of drag racing today to some and others want the prestige of the NHRA trophy or speed of the PDRA or would rather migrate to index or no prep for that matter. And we all have a preference and should be glad for options.

My thoughts of this thread were to let others know of new options to be available...not to bash one product or another.

If I looked like an ass bickering with Ed...it was my bad. Hope all can get some insightful info from the testing as it occurs as I am not sponsored by any tire company and race purely for the love of the sport and the Big money does intrigue me.

Just some thought I wanted to share.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
I will be looking forward to what you learn.

I run Mickeys on my slower car, and they have been fantastic for me......except for losing air no matter what I try with them.

My newest car came with Hoosiers. They were finicky, and the sidewalls went away quickly. Same thing with the next set. A call to Hoosier had me switch to the 18700 tires. They are much, much better on my car than the 18500 tires I originally ran. If these new tires hold up for considerably more than the 40 passes I was getting, I may not have to try something else. I am not afraid to switch if they go away to soon.

As far as bickering with Ed....been there, done that. Once I came to terms with Ed being more handsome, more wealthy, a better racer, and way smarter than me, life got easier. Wink

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
all true and don't you ever forget it Razz

quote:
I have to admit Ed kinda makes me hate Hoosier with his bias pointof view.

the fact is you can't handle the TRUTH and the FACTS nor anything I post, grow the fuc up!

so again...every NHRA National TS Champion since 2015 did it on a tire, YOU say you could get down the track on. Further, since 2015 3 of the 5 TD National Champions did it on Hoosier tires too including the current champions. So by my retard math, Hoosier owns eight NHRA National Championships of 10 in TD and TS in the last 5 years. This retard thinks the pressure is on emp-tee to step up!! Laughing Hard

What's stunning about these FACTS are that emp-tee's bubbas, built and marketed specifically as a TD/TS tire has failed to capture no mind dominate those classes and to consistently win NHRA National Championships against a brand...Hoosier, not a specific tire. Instead, this tire has fallen to a secondary market, bracket racers and specifically used on much slower cars... 4.50s - 4.80s than it was designed for so it's largely a failure for the class, ETs and market it was designed for. Maybe their abysmal QC/QA has something to do with that too. Wink