DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Mike I agree we will see more running them when they come available.

I will not hesitate to try products that can improve on our program...Goodyear has a solid name and we like the results so far!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never had one set that worked in all these years. I always swore I wouldn't run them if you gave them to me.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Goodyear 2032's were on my dragster when I bought it...

They worked fine....no burnout shake and hooked all the time.

I replaced them with Hoosiers and at the time felt the Goodyears were better.....actually regretted taking the Goodyears off !

Goodyear had a very big presence in S/G in the past with 3 specific Pro Tree tires.....

I used the 15x33's on 1 car.....They worked well....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
GY R&D is full speed ahead...We will leave it there.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
don't tell ed he will call you all a bunch of no nothing, have nothing, never done nothing idiots that run the wrong tire.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
It’s crazy the amount of cars down there.

I saw there is 560 tech cards today. Going to be long long night

I have no idea where they put that many cars down there. I bet the 560 included the juniors they ran this morning. I had heard 360 Friday and 75 ish came in today. Either way they are packed in.

I lost 4th round and it was 2am sunday morning.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Never had a goodyear that was worth anymore than burning brush piles

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will the new Goodyears require beadlocks like the bubbas or will they work on non-beadlock rims. Thanks

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I am retired now, but the GY2032 was always a great tire for me.

There was also several of us locals that ran the GY2200 Prostock Take-offs that were bought cheap and worked very well on suspended dragsters. I was running 4-90s-5.0s on them and they worked very well.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Where’s the balance and fair reporting?

TORQIN, couldn’t wait to tell us how great this tire was when his guy won on them but he failed to tell us that his guy couldn’t get down the track on Sunday with them so he pulled them off and on went the emp-tees.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Where’s the balance and fair reporting?

TORQIN, couldn’t wait to tell us how great this tire was when his guy won on them but he failed to tell us that his guy couldn’t get down the track on Sunday with them so he pulled them off and on went the emp-tees.

OHHHH Boy is that true?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yes it's TRUE Gentlemen ole ED cant wait for me to tell y'all how Hunter won twice...not rounds but the whole race... then knocked the Goodyear tires off 1st round Sunday after winning 17 rounds straight.

He put the MT on to insure it didn't happen again Because the HOOSIERS S U C K. He wasn't sure why it happened but felt after 550 cars racing for the 3rd day without any real time for scraping/prep that something was up. Possibly he drove the something who knows wasn't worth the risk as we were testing the tires. I have seen plenty of Hoosiers knock the tire off when the MT went right down, anyone else ever seen it?

As stated for an R&D tire that makes the Hoosiers look retarded...THE GOODYEAR'S never shook and the testing is promising as Hunter wins 2 of the 3 races for the weekend.

We will be running the 016 this upcoming weekend cuz we have not tried it and and the 017 tire was really good last weekend until he pass it spun on Sunday.

I have answered alot of PMs Bout the Goodyear's, so dont hesitate ask on PM to avoid Ed's banter on here...if your not afraid of Edward (cuz I am not) ask anytime on here.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Yes it's TRUE Gentlemen ole ED cant wait for me to tell y'all how Hunter won twice...not rounds but the whole race... then knocked the Goodyear tires off 1st round Sunday after winning 17 rounds straight.

He put the MT on to insure it didn't happen again Because the HOOSIERS S U C K. He wasn't sure why it happened but felt after 550 cars racing for the 3rd day without any real time for scraping/prep that something was up. Possibly he drove the something who knows wasn't worth the risk as we were testing the tires. I have seen plenty of Hoosiers knock the tire off when the MT went right down, anyone else ever seen it?

As stated for an R&D tire that makes the Hoosiers look retarded...THE GOODYEAR'S never shook and the testing is promising as Hunter wins 2 of the 3 races for the weekend.

We will be running the 016 this upcoming weekend cuz we have not tried it and and the 017 tire was really good last weekend until he pass it spun on Sunday.

I have answered alot of PMs Bout the Goodyear's, so dont hesitate ask on PM to avoid Ed's banter on here...if your not afraid of Edward (cuz I am not) ask anytime on here.

You just beat me to the explanation. I'm glad you did, as you were there. I have only spoken to the Goodyear guys. I understand why Hunter made the decision to put the MT back on. The Goodyear is new to him, and hasn't earned his trust. He's been on the MT, so he trusts it. That being said, the new Goodyear has opened the eyes to a lot of people. My phone blew up this weekend with questions about the tire and people ready to buy a set. That tells me, not all the MT guys are totally satisfied with what they have been getting. It's good to see a new tire out there showing some promise.

We all know arguing with Ed is going to get you nowhere. He's a stubborn, grumpy old man that has never done anything on a race track worth mentioning. So he comes on here pounding his chest like he is someone smart and important. He rarely has anything intelligent to say. Just a bunch of bashing of products he doesn't run, nor know anything about. Who wants to take that guys advice?!!!!! I would rather take advice from a guy like Torquin who is willing to make a drastic change to their program if it means making it better!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:

How many runs total on the GY on Hunter's car before they spun? How bad was the actual spin, like top fuel up in smoke or just a little slip?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The car spun em hard...no smoke off them but did it about 30 feet out...and had made 30 plus runs flawlessly till then. It's not certain why.

I was not there as my son Cory and Hunter told me what happened...we will run the Goodyear's 016 on Cory's car this weekend for 10k in Pine Valley and see how it works.

Remember guys...this is an R&D tire that is still under development...its really close and already much better then what the Hoosier has to offer so far.

Speaking of Hoosiers...WE WOULD be happy to try the newest tire they have to offer...I will not buy them but will try a loaner set to set the record straight...back to back to back with GY/Hoosier/MT. WE ARE NOT SCARED TO TRY OTHER PRODUCTS!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hoosier tires make all others look retarded AGAIN in TD and TS when the conversation is NHRA World Champions and Division Champions in most every class.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The car spun em hard...no smoke off them but did it about 30 feet out...and had made 30 plus runs flawlessly till then. It's not certain why.

Sounds like a fluke like something on the track from the car before it.

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

Sounds like a fluke like something on the track from the car before it.

Ya like 3" of rubber. lol. Scrape job? Whats that? lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Since Ed knows everything...I have personally taken the Hoosiers off of my TS car cuz it shook repeatedly with doing "adjustments" recommended by the chassis builder. Went back to the original set up and only installed the BIG BUBBA and the car promptly went 4.04 at 179 at a PDRA race.

I explore my options...ED only bashes others who dont agree with him and his one sided thinking. I think Ed is retarded...

NHRA is great an all and if ya like it...by all means support it. But its clearly not the only place to race.

I agree there was something up when it lost the tire down low...this weekend will supply more data to work with.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I almost feel bad for TORQIN...NOT he's a dumb SOB!

His experience comes from what he reads on the forums and his logic is based on what what he has failed to do.

FYI, every NHRA National TS Champion since 2015 did it on a tire old chrissy says is impossible. Further, since 2015 3 of the 5 TD National Champions did it on Hoosier tires too including the current champions. So by my retard math, Hoosier owns eight NHRA National Championships of 10 in TD and TS in the last 5 years. This retard thinks the pressure is on emp-tee to step up!! Laughing Hard