DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No one cares what you think, you're a clueless nobody with junk that will never have a fraction of my success in racing no mind life. For the record, my son is a great student, listener. I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket and class racing, everything he knows about race cars and I'm still mentoring him. He is very fortunate to have me as his mentor and crew chief and I to have him as my driver. We have proven to me a WINNING Team!

I respectfully disagree with you here 1290. I to have mentored my son as well as I am sure others here have done also. I do know a lot about racing but do not no everything and can not execute some things I do know. I have encouraged my son to listen to others who know more than him and take all information and techniques in to account when approaching any race, equipment, stratagies etc. if I am the only mentor he has then I limit his success on and off of the track and he will only be as smart as I have allowed him to be.

ep-this way off topic. now back to tires

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I respect your opinion but so far I have not limited his success, rather my mentoring continues to increase his success.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ok

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Well said EP...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I like to see info about new tires but when the train derails these threads crack me up....

I too have tried them all on my cars over the years. I have had success on them all also. BUT, I always end up going back to and prefer GY's. If it isn't what most use or what statistics show "most" have success on I really don't care. At the same time I don't go around saying or trying to convince others they are the best thing since sliced bread either.

Many times the application of certain tires is very specific but gets twisted to be a certain brand is the cure all for everyone. This happens on the forums and word of mouth at the track. That is where this becomes comical at times. The brush being used to paint is too wide. Way too many variables to make blanket statements.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what's comical is these discussions/threads posted here never take place at the track amongst strangers, there are no crowds in the lanes debating whose car is better, much less whos tires. If these topics are discussed at all it's amongst friends and typically not at the track. Further and again, I ain't trying to convince anyone of anything, I couldn't care any less what tire you use but I will dispute inaccurate, inappropriate as well as bias opinion and blanket statements presented as fact as that shows ignorantism.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I love the dynamics of DRR tire posts! This one gets slightly derailed, then turns into a full on train wreck. There's plenty of good tire information here, but you have to decipher through the forum BS.

There's bias information & blanket statements in this thread & many others. I like listening to the members who are open to trying different tires out of their norm. Use what works for your program & in this case it was Goodyear's, then went to M/Ts. So what, they thought it was the right thing to do.

The last 10 years, I've primarily been on Hoosier's. I've had a set of M/Ts for couple of years I used for testing. Last fall I used them for our Thanksgiving race. They set 3 months & didn't lose any air pressure. I've put 7 races on them this year. They have been sitting to 2 months & still are at 18 lbs. Right were I left them from the last race. So, much for the blanket statement of all M/Ts leak air.

I like listening to the DRR members & making my choices of what I want to use in our racing program. Yes, I even listen to "ED" sometimes, but most of the time not. He's a FORUM BUFFOON good for free entertainment & that's a fact!

quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
B King I'd even agree with ya.

1) I have a car on MTs in my shop right now that Ty is wiring. Been here for 2 weeks, still got air in them.

2) I posted the video of the dragster on MTs to show they will flutter.

3) I also posted photo and graph to show that not ALL Hoosiers shake or won't go down the track.

4) to make a blanket statement only shows ignorantism if that's a word.

5) most people don't get it... that is why and why not that things work and don't work.

6) competition is certainly good

I get it & the Boss gets it!!! Wink

Enough said, because I can. As I deem fit. USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Dang what's up with the gittery green line on the graph

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Not trying to add any fuel to the fire, just wanted to show the MT3197 doing work.

.964 60ft, 6.01 @ 229.78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4QCIX9QWgI

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I hope Ed and everyone else keeps running hoosiers, that last thing I want is everyone running the best tires with me. USA

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yea best tires Laughing very hard to be crushed by your rims/car in a few days, best tires to chunk on a fast TD, best tire to require an absurd amount of weight to balance, best tire to have no QC/QA and best tire to fail to capture the national championship in TD and TS AGAIN!

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one cares what you think, you're a clueless nobody with junk that will never have a fraction of my success in racing no mind life. For the record, my son is a great student, listener. I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket and class racing, everything he knows about race cars and I'm still mentoring him. He is very fortunate to have me as his mentor and crew chief and I to have him as my driver. We have proven to be a WINNING Team!

I hate to be a part of derailing a thread, I really do. But I just can't let this go. Have you guys ever known somebody so desperate for attention as Ed?!!!! I mean come on!!!! It's your son for goodness sake! Why are you trying to take all the credit for it?!!!!!!

On another note....Ed likes to constantly state that everything he says is based on TRUTHS and FACTS. That is simply not true. He claimed here "I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket racing and class racing." If this is true, then explain to me why he is a member of This Is Bracket Racing Elite? It's true, I was a member as well at one time. I saw him in there asking questions with my own eyes. Maybe, just maybe, he's seeking some tips and advice from winners. Maybe, just maybe, he knows his dad was no good at racing,and doesn't have any good knowledge to share.

Ed, you are not as credible as you claim. Not everything you share, is based on truths and facts. In the racing world, you are a nobody, desperately wanting to be somebody. Its laughable........

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one cares what you think, you're a clueless nobody with junk that will never have a fraction of my success in racing no mind life. For the record, my son is a great student, listener. I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket and class racing, everything he knows about race cars and I'm still mentoring him. He is very fortunate to have me as his mentor and crew chief and I to have him as my driver. We have proven to be a WINNING Team!

Yep, here's everything you need to know about Ed right here. He's the smartest, richest, shortest guy I've ever heard of Big Grin

His son is very fortunate to have a father who knows everything. Saves a lot of time testing things to learn new stuff like the rest of us do. Ed tried different brands of tires 20 years ago on his slow Chevelle and thinks it applies to dragsters. Whatever Roll Eyes

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Not trying to add any fuel to the fire, just wanted to show the MT3197 doing work.

.964 60ft, 6.01 @ 229.78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4QCIX9QWgI

That's fun to watch!!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Typical of the haters, the nobodies here that can't successfully defend their beliefs based on internet opinion, rumor, myth and hearsay so they turn the debate into an attack on me. Bring it on, you've got NOTHING!

quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

Yep, here's everything you need to know about Ed right here. He's the smartest, richest, shortest guy I've ever heard of Big Grin

His son is very fortunate to have a father who knows everything. Saves a lot of time testing things to learn new stuff like the rest of us do. Ed tried different brands of tires 20 years ago on his slow Chevelle and thinks it applies to dragsters. Whatever Roll Eyes

You've got a lot to say about me when I'm not standing in front of you for a guy that's no taller then me.

I know nothing about dragsters yet after only 2 seasons racing ALL the Division 1 races and after only one season where we competed in more than 1 national event, my son and I have won numerous races, the division championship,, Jegs Allstar rep, was in 2 NHRA National events finals last year, winning one. Also nearly won the division again last year and finished 7 rounds shy of winning the world championship and you've done what with your superior knowledge of dragsters and racing? NOTHING!!!

quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
Ed likes to constantly state that everything he says is based on TRUTHS and FACTS. That is simply not true. He claimed here "I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket racing and class racing." If this is true, then explain to me why he is a member of This Is Bracket Racing Elite? It's true, I was a member as well at one time. I saw him in there asking questions with my own eyes. Maybe, just maybe, he's seeking some tips and advice from winners. Maybe, just maybe, he knows his dad was no good at racing,and doesn't have any good knowledge to share.

another hater, I know exactly why he joined, This Is Bracket Racing Elite because I told him to and I paid for it, you don't have a clue. He got what I wanted him to get and I thank Luke for it. Yes, "I and I alone have taught him everything he knows about bracket racing and class racing." So talk about what you know, not what you think you know!

Got no time for this childish bullshyt and these comical discussions/threads posted here never take place at the track amongst strangers, there are no crowds in the lanes debating whose car is better, much less whos tires. Again, I couldn't care any less what tire anyone runs on their cars. MY cars will continue to run the best tire for what I do...HOOSIER, the tire manufacture whose tires DOMINATE NHRA Class racing and bracket racing and are used by more racers than all others combined. The same tire manufacturer whose tires have won 8 of the 10 NHRA World Championships in Top Dragster and Top Sportsman since those classes have competed for a World Championship starting in 2015.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've got a lot to say about me when I'm not standing in front of you for a guy that's no taller then me.

I know nothing about dragsters yet after only 2 seasons racing ALL the Division 1 races and after only one season where we competed in more than 1 national event, my son and I have won numerous races, the division championship,, Jegs Allstar rep, was in 2 NHRA National events finals last year, winning one. Also nearly won the division again last year and finished 7 rounds shy of winning the world championship and you've done what with your superior knowledge of dragsters and racing? NOTHING!!!

I guess you forgot what I look like, I'm average in height but taller than you! But I do remember how you sat in your truck with the doors locked scared that I wanted to fight when all I wanted to do was meet the internet legend! Big Grin

The difference between you and I is that I don't need to brag about my accomplishments and how much better I am than everyone else to feel good about myself. And the kicker is, to use your line - you haven't won shyt nor done shyt in drag racing so I don't know why you brag about your sons accomplishments like they're yours.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you are not taller than me and the difference between me and you is that you have no racing accomplishments to talk about no mine brag about and you really are delusional. what I remember clearly is that I was sitting in my truck with my son and you sent over a kid to ask me to come meet you because obviously you were scared and I told the kid tell who ever it is don't be scared, come to me. The kid never said your name.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
you are not taller than me and the difference between me and you is that you have no racing accomplishments to talk about no mine brag about and you really are delusional. what I remember clearly is that I was sitting in my truck with my son and you sent over a kid to ask me to come meet you because obviously you were scared and I told the kid tell who ever it is don't be scared, come to me. The kid never said your name.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

PS: Your Numidia fellow racers didn't have anything good to say about you.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who the same child you sent to ask me to come meet you Laughing Hard

Done with this bullshyt

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow, Ed’s done with a thread! No way! I guess he’ll just go back to bumping one of his threads to try to get more views on the internet so it makes him feel good Big Grin