DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear new tires win Ardmore 1st day
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can't get more views on my threads without you and the rest of the haters clicking on them constantly Spitting

Stern has said many times in the past, that it was his haters, not his fans that made him the "King Of All Media" so thanks to my haters for making my thread about "just another white trailer" the most viewed thread in Tech Talk. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Keep on boys...Goodyear's went 4.51 straight down Broadway yesterday testing in pine valley!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping though I don't see the point to announce BlahBlah that a dragster has run 4.51 straight down a race track being that has been done countless times by countless dragsters at numerous race tracks for many years on Goodyear Hoosier and emp-tees too. Didn't think of that

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I can't get more views on my threads without you and the rest of the haters clicking on them constantly Spitting

Stern has said many times in the past, that it was his haters, not his fans that made him the "King Of All Media" so thanks to my haters for making my thread about "just another white trailer" the most viewed thread in Tech Talk. Laughing very hard

Of course your stuff is the most viewed on here, and just about everywhere you post it.

The reason for that has nothing to do with the items posted or discussed, but has everything to do with your sparkling personality. Big Grin

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've heard that before from many in the room after the applause when I've have spoken at large events. Razz

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
watch out guys he is about to blow his own load again.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4171 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Just made 5 laps today on Goodyear's...after 4.51 last night the car goes 1.03 2.89 4.47 and 4.48 every lap today except one at dark it picked up a hundo at the 330 mark...

Again awesome data from a new product...lost 4th round today in both cars driving the nova and the dragster...

HUNTER is still in going to 5th round on the Goodyear's as well...ED...your a dork with nominal success STFU until you step out of your Hoosier box.

Both have GO Lithiums in em as well!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Hunter Patton wins again today on the Goodyear's! Wins 3 of the last 4 races over the last 2 weekends.

If that ain't good data...I dont know what is...squiggly green line eh?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue with that!

Congrats

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
yea best tires Laughing very hard to be crushed by your rims/car in a few days, best tires to chunk on a fast TD, best tire to require an absurd amount of weight to balance, best tire to have no QC/QA and best tire to fail to capture the national championship in TD and TS AGAIN!
you're right, YOU should never run Mickey Thompsons. Really. You shouldn't.

And since when did Top Dragster become a measurement in high quality bracket racing?!?!? Lol the class that has an average reaction time north of .040, an average package north of .080 and a 25% no show rate because half the cars can't stay running for a whole race weekend lol

Not that it matters, but in thousands and thousands of runs on Mickey Thompsons I have never had a tire chunk, or need excessive weight to balance. That's the actual truth and facts from an actual person running mickey Thompson tires.

How long till ed responds with "blah blah blah , me, my stuff, best money can buy, blah blah, empties, blah my balls hurt blah blah blah I'm a legend in my own mind, blah blah

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
yea best tires Laughing very hard to be crushed by your rims/car in a few days, best tires to chunk on a fast TD, best tire to require an absurd amount of weight to balance, best tire to have no QC/QA and best tire to fail to capture the national championship in TD and TS AGAIN!

And since when did Top Dragster become a measurement in high quality bracket racing?!?!? Lol the class that has an average reaction time north of .040, an average package north of .080 and a 25% no show rate because half the cars can't stay running for a whole race weekend lol

Not that it matters, but in thousands and thousands of runs on Mickey Thompsons I have never had a tire chunk, or need excessive weight to balance. That's the actual truth and facts from an actual person running mickey Thompson tires.

How long till ed responds with "blah blah blah , me, my stuff, best money can buy, blah blah, empties, blah my balls hurt blah blah blah I'm a legend in my own mind, blah blah

How many runs do you put on the MT's before replacing?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6372 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:

How many runs do you put on the MT's before replacing?
200-300. Last set had about 220, we should have been headed to the spring fling a couple weeks back so I had new ones on just before to get a couple races in on new ones before the fling

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed on the amounts of laps...

Let the kid (Cory) drive my dragster in the high rollers gamblers race. Cory lost second round and did run best of 4.37 156 and change with small pulley still on. Tires are a lil loose tonight and multiple sub 4.50 cars struggling with track and other 4.50 cars not having issues. Will send video of the Goodyear's on mine from tonight. I did manage to runner up in the same gamblers race in my nova (not on Goodyear's).

Kinda late and considering the data collected this far I have to believe Hunter drove thru something last week cuz it hasn't showed any signs of doing it again.

More info to come tomorrow.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I did manage to runner up in the same gamblers race in my nova (not on Goodyear's).

Chris, what tire brand / size on the Chevy II? Are you liking that ride you purchased in WI??

Posts: 2444 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
LOVE the car I bought from Mike! 5.30s on the M/T 3074S at 10psi.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
still don't understand the astonishment about a bracket dragster running 4.48-4.51 on Goodyear tires, it's done every weekend and quicker at track all across the country.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yeah an are on MT..

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed your astonishment over just another white trailer says it all...

Well my red dragster ran high 4.30s on the Goodyear's and the Bubba's. The Goodyear's came off every car today as it seems they were not holding upon a mediocre track condition and were fluttering down low. Working very well in decent to good conditions. The et was very comparable from one tire to another. I would have to say the Goodyear's out performed the Bubba's yesterday but never had to go back to the Bubba's...the Bubba's out performed the Goodyear's today. The Bubba's were more forgiving today by alot especially down low. Fair reporting is all we can do. For an R&D tire they are darn close. The 016 was on the Ezell car and it simply didn't like it at all. The blower car and Hunter car were on the 017s but were just better on the Bubba's today's. HUNTER did win a shootout today on the Bubba's! Go figure...kid is on fire!!

Phone reception out here is poor and video to follow.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Things to take away from this post...
1. I suck at tuning a 4.40 car because I broke an input shaft with junk ass BR3s in only 20 runs.
2. Still hard to read through these posts with all the bull****.

Torqin
Do the Goodyears seem ANY different than mickeys or did Goodyear copy? My feeling on Big bubbas is that compound is a little for cool for cool/moist weather, is Goodyears more aggressive?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Things to take away from this post...
1. I suck at tuning a 4.40 car because I broke an input shaft with junk ass BR3s in only 20 runs.
2. Still hard to read through these posts with all the bull***

Torqin
Do the Goodyears seem ANY different than mickeys or did Goodyear copy? My feeling on Big bubbas is that compound is a little for cool for cool/moist weather, is Goodyears more aggressive?

The only way I know that you could brake an input shaft in 20 runs (unless it was defective or the wrong one) is tire shake!

We all know GY tried to reverse engineer the Bubbas! And who won't! Wink

Bottom line, currently the MT Bubbas are the tire with the widest tuning window bare none! You can slice it anyway you want.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post