New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paint
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What kind of paint do I need to repaint my cage?

I will be using a small disposable brush so I won’t have to deal with overspray.

Posts: 399 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I used black Rustolem on mine. Just be careful not to thin it. When I first painted my dragster chassis I thinned it some to make it spray better and it is not as glossy and durable as it could have been.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
POR 15 is a enduring and highly regarded brand, although I personally haven't used it I would consider it for the purpose you're considering. Their Top Coat and 2K Urethane might be of interest to you. Not cheap but quality.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I'd spend the time and spray it Big Grin

But I get brushing is easier lol I did have a friend do his in hammer tone Rustoleum and it came out pretty nice !! I believe he slightly reduced the second coat with acetone and it laid down pretty smooth.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post