DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    TIRES OFF THE BEAD AT THE SUPERBOWL..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TIRES OFF THE BEAD AT THE SUPERBOWL..
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
Anyone catch that friday in the low rollers racer. Digger burnout and both tires off the bead at the same time. Couldn't tell, but assume little bubbas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes I saw it. Like the announcer said WOW, that’s perty crazy !!!

Here's the replay. Go to 13:00 and start to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmNFoUXt9M

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Yes I saw it. Like the announcer said WOW, that’s perty crazy !!!

Here's the replay. Go to 13:00 and start to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmNFoUXt9M

Yes it was.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bead locks are your friend! I don't know if he was using them or not, if not he needs some! That would be a sick feeling..

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
Bead locks are your friend! I don't know if he was using them or not, if not he needs some! That would be a sick feeling..

Yea especially at 140

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He had screws and now he has beadlocks, yes it was one of the bubbas

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who was it anybody know

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Both tires popped the inside bead first, interesting.

Posts: 476 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's what rim screws do, push the tire away from the bead!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
jimmyc I think it was Jeff Miles

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shane that’s what I had heard also.

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I saw this also and I have been racing 55+ years all over the country and even out of the country and have never heard of this let alone seen it. Strange stuff right there

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Third time for me but the other two were on the hit....BEADLOCKS PERIOD...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
BIG HORSEPOWER Shake head

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought those tires were ONLY supposed to be run with beadlock wheels.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought those tires were ONLY supposed to be run with beadlock wheels.

You are Right.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Correct...

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Little Bubba's without beadlocks = bad news,this is the third set I have seen off the rim during a burnout,why take the chance

Brad

Posts: 241 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post