New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battery
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Ordered a 16 volt XP-1000 from Jegs this past Sunday, was expecting it tomorrow for a race this weekend, now I get a note from Jegs advising that it is being shipped from vendor on 9/30.
No problem I will just go to Summit in Arlington and pay the sales tax, well they don't have it either.
They do have the D1600 but it is a deep cycle for no alternator and I have a alternator.
Now, do I just buy the d1600 and still run an alternator or does someone know another source, near the DFW area.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
I’ve been running the D1600 with alternator for a couple years with no issues.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Also to add when I do charge it, I only use the XS 15 amp intellicharger that came with my xp1000 probably 4 or 5 years ago, burned up two of those after charging with a Schumacher 16v charger.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stephen, that's what I needed to know, looks like it will be the D1600.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mopar, the D1600 is a good choice. I have four customers with that number in service, all with alternators. Also, the D1600 is a higher capacity rated.

My experience shows that with the modern AGM design the term "deep cycle" is not the same as when we were talking about trolling motor batteries. Rather, a more robust, more durable design.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I ordered the XP1000 and charger several weeks ago and got the message that it will not ship until 9/30 also. Ordered it on Labor day from Jegs it was $429 including shipping. So I will use my 12 volt battery until the 16 comes in.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curly - No one made a alternator bracket that would fit a alternator between this Moroso oil pan and the frame rail, probably about 2 or 3 inches to work with, you should see the handmade bracket that David Brodnax made me to fit there, it will put any of the name brand manufactured ones to shame.

Just hope I don't have to pay him 1.00 per hour as long as it took him but 40 years working for CAT he can do or make about anything.

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Buy a Turbo Start

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Curly - No one made a alternator bracket that would fit a alternator between this Moroso oil pan and the frame rail, probably about 2 or 3 inches to work with, you should see the handmade bracket that David Brodnax made me to fit there, it will put any of the name brand manufactured ones to shame.

Just hope I don't have to pay him 1.00 per hour as long as it took him but 40 years working for CAT he can do or make about anything.

Curly could probably use a picture of that bracket. Last I read, he had a space issue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6354 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What Barney said! My power master died after one and half years so I went back to turbo start and not the light weight one and never looked back.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like you will be racing this weekend.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post