DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    titanium beadlock bolts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

titanium beadlock bolts
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I run ti wheel studs and nuts. Not because i was looking for performance but I did a lot of dyno work for the guy who owns ti64 and he gave me one of his 1st drag racing sets. We talked about expanding his drag racing line and looking at it he did! looks like he has bead lock kits.

https://www.ti64.com/titanium-...adlocks-s/110818.htm

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
I've thrown 5-10 lbs in and out of my nose before and didn't notice any difference in ET period. Might have even went quicker when added weight and slower when taking weight out. I don't see the advantage to spending the $$ or time messing with 2 lbs.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Deltas use ti studs nuts and washers, and I can tell you from experience Weld will bend you over for a set of them

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I removed bolts and weighed them and then weighed the titanium bolts. Total wieght savings was 11 ozs. per wheel. So I spent $300.oo on bolts to save 1 lb 6ozs total and gained nothing on my ET slip. Feel free to learn from my experience.
David

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Feel free to learn from my experience.

dave I was tyring to combine it with other items...new wheels 6lbs...titanium bolts...2lbs..lighter axles...6lbs...lightweight converter 21lbs
so those items alone where supposed to give me 35lbs.
but it backfired already..moser new axles are 4.2lbs heavier than my old mosers axles...so plan aborted

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Cheaper to just buy a smaller pulley for the blower...…………..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

ive got one but how far am I going to push this lil huffer...im 22 over now if I go to 33 over what am I going to gain? 1/2 a tenth?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

ive got one but how far am I going to push this lil huffer...im 22 over now if I go to 33 over what am I going to gain? 1/2 a tenth?

How's the rebuild coming! Concentrate on that first...

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How's the rebuild coming! Concentrate on that first...

I forgot about that part Eek

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Just drill a .125 hole thru your bolts.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

Maybe you need a better blower?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Deltas use ti studs nuts and washers, and I can tell you from experience Weld will bend you over for a set of them

Agreed! So much for carrying spares...still have em may never need em.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe you need a better blower?

Yup.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:

Agreed! So much for carrying spares...still have em may never need em.

Ive had to use a few of mine....I’m probably harder on my stuff

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi