DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak 250 recorder dash making strange noise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak 250 recorder dash making strange noise
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted
As stated while doing some maintenance i noticed when i turned the power on the racepak dash is making a humming noise. Sounds exactly like the mazeire water pump sounds when it is running.

I have never noticed it before so wandering if anyone else has had that issue.

I was looking this morning and it also seems that they have discontinued that dash and i guess are replacing them with the iq3.

So next question is if i have to switch dashes will my existing harness plug into the iq3 dash?

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard of humming with any of the Racepak dashes.

They did discontinue the UDX Replay, Logger and Street Rod. Racepak can still repair them so I'd just go with that if necessary.

The IQ3 Street and IQ3 Drag plug/harness are all different. Same sensors.

Another option if you want to start logging data would be to get a Sportsman logger and a UDX display dash which will fit into your current mount.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
I have 1 big problem. I can't send it back to racepak right now cause i have already pre entered a 100k race next weekend so i need to do something to have the issue fixed by Wednesday night. I guess i could change over dashes and tie into my harness for know if the sensors are the same.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't want to say that it's aliens, but it's aliens!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Simple solution, start the motor and the noise will go away. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post