DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ngk 10 or bue plugs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ngk 10 or bue plugs
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anybody here running or tried ngk 10 or BUE plugs with alky injection?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what a bue plug is but yes I’ve run ngk 10s on a stack injected bbc and that’s what i run in all my blower motors. I’ve also put used ones out of the race car in a turbo street car and put a couple thousand miles on them before they fouled out, and that was only when somebody unplugged the iat causing a dead rich cold start. I have another set of used ones in my boat right now that have about 40 miles on the water without any trouble and it’s currently running pretty rich. I started reusing the 10s because I have a pile of them thinking I’d just use them for a couple startups or whatever while I got things sorted. But it turns out they work pretty good.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
BUE is a ngk plug that had no strap and originally was in snowmobiles. Prock got us running them in A/fuel car and said hell of lot stronger fire than the 10's on JFR's machine. Doubt they will work but I have about 8 sets I could test with.Basically it just one heat range difference other than the spark, Now iy was run with 50 amp mags and not my little bitty 12 amp ones.

Thanks for reply. If get cjamce I would like to do ABA test with 9's and 10's possibly try BUE's later.

I am thinking the 10's wi;; wprk and same deal about 10 sets and at zero cost. Lots where stratup only.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of alanr
posted Hide Post
Run NGK 10s in my blown injected dragster with no issues

Posts: 10 | Location: southeastern, Pa | Registered: May 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I normally run 9's and thinking about 8's since hotter,but he11 with cost of zero I am going to give these a try. I figure the 8's might end up better with drop in compression due to new rods.
Now that I have a working baseline all I need is some run time on a decent track. T-N-T sucks for testing anything but bad track combo.LOL