DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    4150 Bolt Pattern Mod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4150 Bolt Pattern Mod
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
I have noticed that a lot of the newer 4150 style carbs are coming through with an elongated bolt pattern so that they fit either a 4150 or 4500 intake without an adapter. Does anyone know offhand if an older 4150 base plate can be modified in the same manner?

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I was looking at doing that recently. It looks like the standard 4150 plate will be fairly thin around the bolt holes if modified in that manner. Not saying it couldn't be done because I think it could. It's probably not worth it unless you have your own mill and can do it yourself.

I ran into that when adding a 4150 throttle stop to a 4500 intake. I normally use a 2" adapter but couldn't fit the 2" throttle stop under the hood with the adapter. I actually made a 1/2" plate aluminum adapter. It worked great. Pictures are on my FB page @mwracingcamaro if you're interested.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is a 4150 Edelbrock SV2. Like has been mentioned it was thin so we added material and ground smooth. We had one with no material added as well. It's on a car over a year, seems fine haven't gotten any complaint.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike do you have a picture of the 475 lb. added weight? How mounted .

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Cheaper to buy a bare billet baseplate from BLP and swap your shafts and blades over. You will need a plate to go under it to cover the sides or otherwise you will have a vacuum leak, and to make sure the linkage clears the manifold. I had to make a custom plate for this.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post