DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter Slipping 25%
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter Slipping 25%
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I prefer to run the clutch clearance on the high side, on the edge. I haven't tested it, but I'm fairly certain the flare is fixed.

I went ahead and freshened the drum while I had it all apart lips seals & bushing. Almost tightened clearance but I'm fairly certain my vent theory for the flare, was the cause.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Flare at shift gone

Converter slipping 24.6%. Perfect

Trimmed fuel a little as well, this tune will print duplicates.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Good to hear your back at the track. By the looks of the time slips, you seem to be hitting the tree well. Sounds like you are working on getting the car to repeat in the range you want. Best of luck/skills to you at your duck pond(s)!

Car is looking good, but IMO I preferred the previous look.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2540 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Mike,

Good to hear your back at the track. By the looks of the time slips, you seem to be hitting the tree well. Sounds like you are working on getting the car to repeat in the range you want. Best of luck/skills to you at your duck pond(s)!

Car is looking good, but IMO I preferred the previous look.

I saw that too, where Bogaki said he thought Sunshine / Bradenton was the toughest local racing in the country LoL! We always included Texas Raceway and Music City in there as well, around here.

These Orlando Speedworld racers are bad ass too,some of THE nicest cars I've seen anywhere. Plus a lot of the old Sunshine bunch race there now too.

It's a killer track, smoothest track I've been down. I've been saying for a couple weeks now, if you can't get down in Orlando, you have pre-existing conditions LoL! Great place to race. It has the state of the art Brockmeyer LED's, no problem seeing it, no matter where the sun is.

Got rained out today but I got to eat a Nathan's hot dog and Orlando Speed World fries, which are as good as Culver's fries, plus I got one hit in, to see if the flare at the shift is fixed. All good.

They tried like hell, dried it up twice, just wasn't gonna happen.

Thank you Sir.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Mike,

Good to hear your back at the track. By the looks of the time slips, you seem to be hitting the tree well.

I'm impressed more with this BX-4 BLP 4150 carb, I've never run this carb in competition, to bolt this thing on and it perform this well off the trailer is pretty amazing. I remember the brass metering blocks in the 1990's and how much work
on the track, went into making them right. When ya got something this good out of the box, hitting the tree just happens.

Working this one 4.147 330 ft out of the car, is childs play, in comparison to what I'm accustomed to, back in the day.