DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What ET is a helmet required?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What ET is a helmet required?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
Since I'm not an NHRA member anymore, I assuming I don't have access to the online rulebook.

I want to take my street car out and run it, it should run in the high 12's, is a helmet required?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Most tracks are 13.99 and quicker for helmets.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 460 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Since I'm not an NHRA member anymore, I assuming I don't have access to the online rulebook.

Go HERE and download your free 2020 copy.

Posts: 2427 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You should wear one anyway. Never know what might happen.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3093 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
You even sold the helmet?? Big Grin

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
You even sold the helmet?? Big Grin

Man he is OUT! Eek

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
LOL, still have everything....even the helmet

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
You should wear one anyway. Never know what might happen.

Many of the tracks in my area require a helmet for everyone.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
My concern would be more the other guy.If you are in slow car and end up running someone with fast car that looses control before they come around you. Kind of like my Harley don't scare me ,but soccer mom in mini van who is on phone and dealing with undisciplined kid scares the hell out of me.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1mph. It's your head though. Remember a sign at a motorcycle shop I was at as a kid and my dad was buying a motorcycle. It stated above the helmets:. If your head is only worth $50.. Then put it in a $50 helmet.

The same sorta applies here.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1430 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
In New Jersey, you can't race without a helmet no matter how fast the car is.

You can't ride a Motorcycle on the street without one either....

I always find it odd looking when I am in Pa. and Motorcycle riders have no helmet on....

If you ever took a spill on a bike you would wear a helmet I think.....the ground is f'en hard and I know first hand.....If you hit your head without one you're real lucky to not be hurt real bad....or worse...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
yeah that's one of the oddities of the laws here. Motorcycle helmets are optional; yet seat belts are mandatory and primary offense. I've been stopped before for no seat belt (although it was on, cop didn't see it).

Having hit the ground without a brain bucket in an ATV accident, I now wear one all the time. Probably should fit the daily driver with a 5 point and wear a helmet and HANS too since the idiots that share the road are a whole lot more dangerous than any drag strip. I work on jap bikes for a living and having ridden all across the country in younger days, I sure won't ride a bike now-not anywhere near the city-period. The cellphone has done more damage to the motorcycle industry than any other single item.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bender, you should get a 3/4 helmet … easier to put your old guy spec's...LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2696 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Bender, you should get a 3/4 helmet … easier to put your old guy spec's...LOL

LOL, even though I'd don't need glasses except to read I was thinking about that...….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bender, if you want to get everyones attention wear your full driving suit with gloves,shoes and helmet. drive up to the staging lanes wearing all of it. walk around in the lanes and drive back to the pits wearing all of it.. lol

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
bender, if you want to get everyones attention wear your full driving suit with gloves,shoes and helmet. drive up to the staging lanes wearing all of it. walk around in the lanes and drive back to the pits wearing all of it.. lol

Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I think I have no biz goin out of the house without wearing a helmet.... I go about 32 mins @ 3mph in the quarter . I'm #155 , naturally aspirated .

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post