DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Autometer vs racepak
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autometer vs racepak
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
So for those who may not know. The fuel tech system now has an integrated delay box, throttle stop and starting line enchanter. Bump up and down features as well as throttle stop over ride

Yes, I have seen this programming, perty cool. Have you purchased Fuel Tech?

[URL= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8oh6gqi8E] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8oh6gqi8E[/URL]

Posts: 2428 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
So for those who may not know. The fuel tech system now has an integrated delay box, throttle stop and starting line enchanter. Bump up and down features as well as throttle stop over ride

On the surface that’s cool but what is not cool if/when the system fails you lose all functions all ability to race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

On the surface that’s cool but what is not cool if/when the system fails you lose all functions all ability to race.

You are right about that Ed

This system would make for a real neat look and minimal exposed wires though

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
When we build a new car my current plan is an IQ3 dash flanked by an analog water temp and oil pressure gauge so if the dash fails we can still race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea there

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Either that or buy a spare dash costing nearly $2500 for the stand alone or $1000 for the display only, program the functions and thresholds so it’s ready to go, plug and play and then put it back in the box hoping to never need it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
When we build a new car my current plan is an IQ3 dash flanked by an analog water temp and oil pressure gauge so if the dash fails we can still race.

That's exactly how I built my new dash last winter.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. Individual components can be easier to deal with if failed.

If my dash fails the Holley ecu will continue to run the injection, water pump and fans at proper time. Can easily program an output to turn on a light if oil pressure is below a desired value or shut down injection. Laptop will display everything dash does.

Anyone here had a failed Digital Dash?

Posts: 2428 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
May just be me, but I think Racepack and RPM dashes look like 1982 alarm clocks. FuelTech is pretty small.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 343 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
After a lot of discussion with Andre at fuel tech, I’m gonna go the fuel tech route.

They have some good discounts right now if anyone is interested in purchasing

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Going to monitor: oil pressure, fuel pressure, 2 02 monitors, engine temp, transmission temp, engine RPM, dive shaft RPM, 2 step input so it shows up on graph, a front shock travel sensor and a rear shock travel sensor

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Which ECU did you decide on purchasing?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^ Which ECU did you decide on purchasing?

The 450 will hold all of those inputs listed above. Any more inputs and I would have to jump to the 550. You can run line lock, delay box, ignition, nitrous, bump buttons, throttle stop, shifting and many other things through the ecu, but I already have a new digital delay box and msd grid so no reason to run those items or need a bigger ecu

Hopefully that makes sense. Again this was after talking with Andre a lot about my application to get the things I needed at the best price point

It was also cheaper than race pak

This message has been edited. Last edited by: racerdude2054,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ I believe you made an excellent choice given what you what to log and the sales pricing now to do it. I like the cleaner look a digital display can offer than independent gauges.

A friend has the FT550 mounted on his steering column and being closer to the driver is easy to read and looks good in his car not having a dash.

Easy to go EFI now if you ever decided to pursue that.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^^ I believe you made an excellent choice given what you what to log and the sales pricing now to do it. I like the cleaner look a digital display can offer than independent gauges.

A friend has the FT550 mounted on his steering column and being closer to the driver is easy to read and looks good in his car not having a dash.

Easy to go EFI now if you ever decided to pursue that.

I think I will be happy. It was a long process for me making the decision, that’s for sure