DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Little Bubba to Big.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Bubba to Big.......
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Upgraded my combo to SR20 deal over the winter and started the year on old 3191w. Been a best of 4.58@151 with a 1.04 60 and 2.95 330 (if i recall correctly). Due for new rubbers so stick with little's or is it time for big bubbas? And which compound you guys liking. leaning towards the 3190w's this go around. HMMMM

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stick with little bubbas, I prefer 3190 over 3191

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
I have 2 friends running 4.50's on little bubbas. The big bubbas are likely going to slow it down. Although, if you run marginal tracks, that may not be a bad thing.

Posts: 121 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Stick to 3191W, the Big's aren't needed.. 1.04 is nothing for them.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As for the Little B, toss up for me on the 90 or 91's. Like the 90's better for hot racing conditions which usually is what most do more of. I think either will work.

What to the tires look like now, if they are smooth looking then use the same ones, if they look like they are being ripped to pieces use the 90's.

Big to littles,,,, it will slow the car down a bit and if you suffer from inconsistent 60's the bigs will likely help.

What's the rollout measure on your tires now? If they are close to 109, you can get a set of small Big's that will measure around 109.25".

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
As for the Little B, toss up for me on the 90 or 91's. Like the 90's better for hot racing conditions which usually is what most do more of. I think either will work.

What to the tires look like now, if they are smooth looking then use the same ones, if they look like they are being ripped to pieces use the 90's.

Big to littles,,,, it will slow the car down a bit and if you suffer from inconsistent 60's the bigs will likely help.

What's the rollout measure on your tires now? If they are close to 109, you can get a set of small Big's that will measure around 109.25".

YES , THE LITTLES ARE 109. I SENT YOU SOME PHOTOS TO REVIEW WHEN YOU'RE FREE.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
quote:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING????????

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How’s he yelling, there is no audio option in when replying.

That said, Michael the tire you want is Hoosier’s BR3.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

I know.. It's just fun messing with Frizie.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
quote:

The video looks ok to me. Got any looking more from the side than the rear?

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

He doesn’t know how to weld…….

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no need to! The quickest/Fastest TD cars in the country are rolling on Hoosier's C1550. call it their big bubba killer and the BR3 is the little bubba killer. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have been 4.50 153 with a 1.02 60' in our dual suspended Diamond on lil bubba. Went 1.01 with our old Racetech on them as well. I woudl have run a lil bubba on the Stratus rather than the big one but it looked funny Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
Stick with the little bubba unless you just want to slow it down .03

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:

He doesn’t know how to weld…….

That is true. My cars already junk . Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471