DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Huffing from catch can
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huffing from catch can
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ill try that ebay deal just for fun. Thanks!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6391 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ill try that ebay deal just for fun.

That's all you need for a low cost introduction. The other unit has more bells and whistle but not much, if any, in the picture quality, which is where it's at.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2334 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have one of the ~$45 deals from Facebook for my iPhone. Works pretty darn good.

I fired mine up in the garage late last year and it was running horrible. Last pass it had nosed over a little in the lights but thought I knew why and had fixed it.

Eventually pull he plugs and do a poor mans compression test. Reads 0 on the whole right bank. What!!!???!??

So I get the borescope just to “confirm” that I nuked a bunch of pistons. All the pistons look perfect. I scan around the head gasket area best I can (which i get a pretty good view about 1/2 way around) no sign of trouble at all.

Scratch my head.

Redo finger in hole test.

Yep, totally dead. Not even a pffft.

Decide I have to pull the head. Turns out if I had pointed the borescope up I would have seen that the quench pads were missing from the heads.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it!
But not the piston replacement. Looking at the injector, I think I see some debris. Sending off for testing/cleaning with the others. And flowing.

Do you ever trust brand new rings after an incident like this? 4 passes on them. Small melted area on edge of piston.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6391 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post