DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Over the counter shockes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the counter shockes?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Any over the counter shocks that will work with a 500HP SBC in an S-10 PU? 8.8 rear end, 4:10 gears, spool. cal tracs. PG trans. No converter selection, YET.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I really like the AFCO shocks. They are very adjustable and work well.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have strange shocks on my Vega that has the same hp as you. I am happy with them.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Any over the counter shocks that will work with a 500HP SBC in an S-10 PU? 8.8 rear end, 4:10 gears, spool. cal tracs. PG trans. No converter selection, YET.

John/Travis at Caltracs used to recommend RS9000 Rancho shocks. I’ve been 1.30 60 foot with them at 3600 lbs, 400 Turbo, 4.88 gear.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post