New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Covers
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
New California Car Covers on both cars as of October last year, ordered from Jimmy Defrank at Indy and arrived a few weeks later. Great fitting covers and customer service.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Does he have a website? Contact info?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
https://www.calcarcover.com/

tell them you want top talk to Jimmy about a dragster cover.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How heavy are these buddy has a Jegs cover for his dragster and is very heavy

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the dragster cover is very light weight

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks I’ll check them out

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
the dragster cover is very light weight

ed does he need measurements or is it universal fit cover for the dragster?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s universal for typical n/a bracket length dragsters with or without wing.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good dragster covers are pretty hard to find right now but california car cover had one left in stock.My car is a 255 now with a rear wing and is 305 total inches long.They had one left with a carry bag for 405.00 and 12 bucks shipping.Thats a great price if it fits properly and keeps the rain out.
They said to protect the cover from the egdes of the wing though.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, it’s a great cover but it will be tight on your car IF it fits at all around the tires to Velcro closed as it’s tight on my 248” car. The pattern is definitely for a shorter car, maybe a 242”. I’m going to sell my cover and have them make another that is at least 6” longer.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
but it will be tight o

lets hope not ed...he said it would fit my overall lenth which is 305 inches..if not be useless

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It won’t. Did you speak to Jimmy Defrank?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My son just spoke to Jimmy, he’s going to make a longer cover for our car.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
said his name was james

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike the longer cover fits much better...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed
Any info would be appreciated..the 300in top fuel cover they senT me is absolute garbage.As you stated, barely fits and so thin it easily tears.Calls and emails to james at CC have been ignored and not returned.400 dollar fukfest

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I don’t know what they sent you but can tell you my dragster cover is light weight, I assume nylon like parachute material. Can’t say as to how easily it would rip but It’s exactly what we wanted. What is your wheelbase? Again, speak only to Jimmy Defrank.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Its 300 inches which allegedlly this top fuel cover is

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
your car has a 300" wheelbase?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So Ed what’s the deal on the short cover