DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Lil Bubba tire pressure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Bubba tire pressure
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Bored drinking my morning coffee...... what you guys running for tire pressure in your dragsters for your et's?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
6-1/4

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
5.7-6.2 with almost no difference at all

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Michael, I will just remind you that tire pressure gauges vary greatly. There is no right gauge, only your gauge.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^ bingo....i have 3 gauges, none read the same.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Michael, I will just remind you that tire pressure gauges vary greatly. There is no right gauge, only your gauge.

This is true . Cool

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When I ran the 3190 on a 4.7x dragster 6.5 psi seemed to be the happy spot

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Timing lights and tire gauges some read different so stick with one and do not change. I have seen quite a bit of difference between two good gauges.

Also different weight of car, shock settings, 4 link settings, track conditions and other things may change what works best for your car.

For years I was told on a SBC you have to run 38*-40* degrees timing. Well mine works best at 28*-30* and it is easier on motor. So what others run may not be best for your car. Same with tire pressure what others run may not be best for you.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
5lbs….

Posts: 1257 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I ran mine at 5.4 in a 4.40's car

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ran 6.1 to 6.3 on a 4.50-4.60 dragster and a 4.80 dragster using a nice digital gauge

Ran the same pressure with the 3190 and 3191

Posts: 787 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
so there you go it doesnt really matter.lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusty,

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1406 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
OR DOES IT??? Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471