DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    To Toad or not to Toad , this is the question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Toad or not to Toad , this is the question
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Rick Bailey
posted
How about opinions from owners/users of toads... and the one question on how they well they back ? And of course how they run down the road.
I just picked up a class A, Pursuit 35 ft. gas and will be towing a 32ft , triple trailer , with a dragster, cart , and all the fixens !!

Posts: 223 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
You're going to need a toad.

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 15, 2019 08:50 PM Hide Post
You're going to need a toad.

go forward,dont back up

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Toad it.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What about a diesel pusher?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
I used one for several years with a heavy trailer and loved it. There is an extra swivel point that takes some getting used to.

Backing on flat surfaces is not a problem. My driveway is 90 degrees to a sharply crowned street this results in a pretty big dip. Because of that I would disconnect the trailer on the street and back it in to my driveway with my pickup. I would say i got used to parking in places that minimized backing up. Still do even without it.

Small hassle considering 99% of the time we are moving forward and it worked very well for that.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I run a 34 DP with a 30ft trailor,3k door car and cart, went to a toad last year and will never run without one again.

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Without question you will need a Trailer Toad.I used one for over 10 years with a 35' Pace Arrow Gas pulling a 24' Haulmark. Give Jok at Trailer Toad a call, he'll steer you in the right direction.

Posts: 180 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
My Buddy uses one behind his 34'class A. Tows great. Backing up is a pain because you need to put pins in it to keep it from swiveling when backing. He just trys to park without backing it up when he can.

He just purchased a new motor home that doesn't need it. So he may sell it.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
I will relay my story on the Trailer Toad.

I didn't think I needed one on my large diesel pusher but the wife insisted. Put it on, drove 70,000 miles without an issue.

One day I put myself in a very bad situation when I entered a parking lot and had to back out at extreme angles. I got lazy, I should have removed one of both of the tires because it was a full angle backup for over 100 feet. There were dips and the tires dug in and damaged the hitch.

I had to remove the Toad to connect the stacker trailer direct to the motor home. Then I was lazy again, didn't put it back on in a timely fashion. Within 6 months Cracks started to form under the slideouts on both sides of the motor home because I didn't put it back on.

I bought another motor home, similar to the old one. The Trailer Toad won't ever come off again. I now have nearly 90k miles on this coach without an issue.

I travel all over the country, many roads are just horrible. It saves my coach all that punishment.

Only maintenance I do is grease the wheel bearings twice a year and replace the shocks at 60k.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1380 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post