DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bargain Bracket Car w/Trailer on Gov Deals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bargain Bracket Car w/Trailer on Gov Deals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted
Anyone wanting to enter the sport, (or add to their stables), check this one out. Current bid is at $5K.
Gov Deals El Camino Drag Car
Some of you South East guys may even know something about this one?
Looks to be a 1979-ish El Camino/GMC.
Located in SC. Being auctioned by a Sheriff's office. It says it was "seized" in 2015, (no reason given). Comes with the open trailer, which has a winch. SBC w/Alum heads, nice headers, CSR electric water pump, says it has a diaper, I can't see one in pics. Says it is caged, (but I see only a roll bar). Assuming PG, has a button for trans brake, looks like a delay box on passenger floor, says it has a 9 inch rear (not pictured). Weld wheels.
Could make a decent project, maybe without a whole lot of work...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The add says the tires are bad, They look ok to me. Wink

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How can they be good...They're not very big-ley empties with screws. Big Grin

Posts: 183 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I drove through there 2 weeks ago. But as much as I have raced in SC I have never seen it before that I remember, Someone spent some money on it at one time.

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The more I look at it, the more decent stuff is on it. Hard to tell heads from the picture. I don't know how the seat survived mice during all that time. What's with the windows? Just dirty? Almost looks frosted as even as it is. Needs some love.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6358 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post