DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Storing Carb for winter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing Carb for winter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What are the procedures everyone completes when cleaning your alcohol carb for the winter?Thoughts on cranking the car bi-weekly over winter. Doesn't typically get real cold in this part, some people race year round.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CTRacing,

Posts: 38 | Location: Staging Lanes | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Start it w/o pump on till bowls are empty fill with race gas thru vents, cap off vents.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
I soak the carb in a container of diesel fuel, drain it and then put it back on. I do this to gas carbs too. They look like brand new and start up like new in the spring.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Drain it . Take apart, blow air thru it. Spray with wd40... Reassemble... Put in box in closet.. Get depressed every time I see it knowing it's not racing season. Put back on car in spring and get excited.

Pump all alcohol out of cell .. put in a few gallons of gasoline. Hit pump a few times till gasoline comes out of lines up front... Let set over winter, pull fuse so no accidental pumping. Cap lines. Spring pump it all out and refill with alcohol. Keeps pump from setting in alcohol all winter.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Winter? Whats that??

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Big Grin

We start it twice between Thanksgiving and new years...

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
More like summerize it! When i summerize it i drain carb and fill it with rec gas with stabil in it. Fog the motor with wd40.

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I spray the linkage with WD-40, thats about it.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 735 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm shipping mine off to Mark Whitener. Hopefully when it comes back I'll bolt it on before the first race and go win it. LOL

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
****!!! I forgot about winter storage!! When does it snow down here again????

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
how dows the black anodizing hold up to dunking it in diesel?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post