Bracket Talk
strongest roller lfters

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/8917089296

March 30, 2020, 08:34 PM
AlkyIROC
strongest roller lfters
Crower lifters in my engine. Just one less thing to worry about.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

March 30, 2020, 08:51 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
I wouldn’t put Morels in my lawnmower. My 12 degree motor went 22 passes before a lifter went. I saw the lifters out of an 18 degree 632 Morel needless that the pin is a brass bushing and never made a pass before it bent in the first burnout. I had good luck with Crower and Isky in my 632 and the crowers in my SB have great

Same here excellent service from Crower needles in my old BBC's and current sbc, all I've ever run, I'm pretty loyal. However I've also used Morel in a few engines for others with no problem, they're quite popular down here and to be honest I've never heard anything terrible about Morel until now. I caught a Crower before it exploded in my old BBC back in the day, and I caught a Morel bad on an all aluminum BBC i did for a guy as he was shoving off for Div 2 bracket finals in last minute checks 3-4 years ago.

The sbc in question is an entirely different animal and I'm pretty decent at catching bad lifters, so I like our chances. It has a lot of dyno runs on it already, so I know what it'll run. I think once its owner see's on the time slip what I've told him it will run, it'll have Jesel lifters in it right away. If I were looking at the lifters every time it went down, I'd be a little less concerned with what's in it currently, long term. A bad lifter will usually give a hint there's a problem in checks.
March 31, 2020, 11:23 AM
wideopen231
Isky are on lifters and yes working with no pressurized oiling is HUGE.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
April 01, 2020, 08:07 AM
Roger McGinnis
People ask what the best lifter is and already know it's Jesel. Then sit around waiting for someone to justify another brand that doesn't cost as much.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 01, 2020, 08:13 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by AlkyIROC:
Crower lifters in my engine. Just one less thing to worry about.

Good choice, they're excellent. You are correct 100% agree.
April 01, 2020, 05:43 PM
wideopen231
Hve no idea what jessels for a Hemi cost.With two choices being 1000 to 1100 I don't see where cost unless ungodly high is going to be a big deal.

I am on tight budget,like if money shows up I can buy this piece.At same time a cpl hundred bucks is cheaper than new cam(550) new rods because beat to hell(1100 MGP) and maybe more. Not to mention if get dbl life they are same as set costing half.

April 01, 2020, 07:31 PM
Curly1
I have the Crower bushing type lifters in my SBC and they have been great.
With that said I think Good shaft rockers and stiff pushrods with proper springs helps to keep everything under control.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
April 01, 2020, 08:08 PM
Will Harrison
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Hve no idea what jessels for a Hemi cost.With two choices being 1000 to 1100 I don't see where cost unless ungodly high is going to be a big deal.

I am on tight budget,like if money shows up I can buy this piece.At same time a cpl hundred bucks is cheaper than new cam(550) new rods because beat to hell(1100 MGP) and maybe more. Not to mention if get dbl life they are same as set costing half.

Jesel keyed lifters are the best, roughly $2800. But in my experience, 100% with it. I'm probably pushing 2,000 runs on a set and they look and feel brand new.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
April 02, 2020, 07:03 AM
Alaskaracer
Crower (not Crowler!) have served me well. Only lifters that have had an issue were due to me and not the lifter. Next time around though, Jesel keyway for me...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
April 02, 2020, 10:57 AM
RPROGAS
If everything in the valve train is correct )and that's key) any of the mentioned lifters will work.

That said I use either Iskenderian or Crower bushed lifters because the cam profile is a little aggressive.

Years ago I experienced a needle bearing type lifter failure, the result was expensive. Since becoming a Crower customer I have hundreds of runs on the same set, zero problems.

Bob
April 03, 2020, 08:25 PM
wideopen231
Right now I am looking strong at Isky red zone Bushed. While Jessels are probably stronger.Get block cut for keyed lifters and 2800 bucks just not going to happen right now. Plus I have not found any info on them with no pressurized oil feed motors like mine.

Still looking for info on Crower as to the non pressurized oil feed thing.So have not ruled them out.

With what I figure is mild cam now days only .800 lift and rpm being 8500 max(1.4 mile and rare around here) I figure Isky or Crower are way better than the old 1996 or technology thats in motor right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

April 04, 2020, 12:46 AM
Will Harrison
There's another company I can't remember the name but a lot of TAD/TAFC guys run. It starts or ends with X, maybe ask on inside top alcohol. Basically knock off of jesel.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
April 04, 2020, 12:48 AM
Will Harrison
I Isky red zone are pretty bad ass also. I wouldn't put crower in anything, but that's just my opinion.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
April 04, 2020, 07:53 AM
SC1834
The high end lifters used by Alcohol Funny Car guys are Cam FX.

Rob
April 04, 2020, 11:12 AM
David Covey
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

Still looking for info on Crower as to the non pressurized oil feed thing.So have not ruled them out.

Chris, I don't think there is any info about no pressurized oiling in writing on the Crower. I looked in their online catalog and this is all I found. I ended up calling their tech dept.

" Maximus Roller-Large Diameter Needles, Tool Steel Pin & Outer race: Typical Applications for this roller lifter are Top Fuel, Blown Alcohol. The Maximus roller lifter incorporates large diameter needles, matched tool steel axle and outer bearings to create the optimum rolling element. Available in .903 and .998 OD. Suitable for Aggressive Cam design. Note: 1 1/16 OD for Top Fuel - Coming Soon. Spring Pressure Groups: #7 & 10"

Also, each page shows the spring pressure group.

Group# Open Spring Pressure APPLICATION GUIDELINES
1 - 300-450
2 - 680-780
3 - 750-900
4 - 900-1000
5 - 1000-1300
6 - 1050-1350
7 - 1150-1350
8 - 1200-1400
9 - 1250-1450
10 - 1400+

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
April 04, 2020, 11:40 AM
David Covey
May be some good reading.. Although these guy's are no different than those of us on this site..lol

http://www.insidetopalcohol.co...e-best-lifter.37487/

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
April 04, 2020, 07:29 PM
wideopen231
insidetopalcohol is already on my list of sites I visit. Almost landed a tuning gig with a big money talking fella for tuning a pro mod. Either I did not talk big enough or was just to honest about his expectations of coming out the box with a number 1 car. Oh well.

Being run in top fuel and blown lacohol means they have to work pretty well with no pressurized blocks since neither use pressurized oiling for lifter,pushrods or rockers.

April 04, 2020, 08:10 PM
TD3550
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
May be some good reading.. Although these guy's are no different than those of us on this site..lol

http://www.insidetopalcohol.co...e-best-lifter.37487/

Dave

BUT with deep pockets!! LOL. How many bearing half/sets are in the drawer. Oh 25 or so.
April 04, 2020, 09:19 PM
1320racer
over the past 20 years I've run Crower Severe Duty .847 roller lifters without 1 failure, Crane Ultra Pro .903 with 1 failure and Isky EZX .903 with 1 failure. A brand new set of Isky's .903 EZX bushing lifters are in both my engines for this season again.
April 06, 2020, 12:12 AM
CNC BLOCKS N/E
I see a lot of lifters Crower in ISKY run .841 to .8415 to small for a GM lifter bore thats .844 Just had a customer sent them back and the Morel run .842 like OEM size or I could have bushed the block back.

Most of the blocks I machine are for .904 and .937 lifters Most common ones I sell are Morel and Bam lifters, The Bam lifters with the steel bushing is the way to go IMHO There sizing is spot on best I have seen so far.

The other plus is on the blocks with a 55MM Cams the oil band is .092 lower so you don't have to run special bushings.

Website is up and running
hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/
Machine shop tour
hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/shop-tour/
Some of our products
hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/products/
[u