DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    starter of choice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

starter of choice
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
HOP 139 will spin it like the plugs are out.

ep-

ultimate big dawg 139 + XS 16volt is where its at!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This ^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Have the 16v covered? Agree its only way to fly ,well best anyway.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have 2 GPE's, 1 on my car, 1 on my brothers. Mine is 32 years old...yes, 32 years old. Been freshened up a couple times, but spins my 14:1 421 over like a champ. It's actually harder to spin over street engines than race engines, them roller cams help a lot.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I dycked around with a bunch of brands. Finally bought a Tilton.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
IMI 902 From Good vibrations.. 2.0 KW Works just fine.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have Meziere stuff on most our cars. But HOP alternators. Never an issue with either.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 983 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just put a Power Master Ultra, a friend had it for a high compression sbc we were doing, switched plans pump gas BBC and bought a Power Master 9540 for it, said throw this Ultra on yours, see if you like it.

Seems fine. No misfires on the flexplate so far.

te te te te te te te te...

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I run a Meziere starter and the only reason why is because i needed a left mounted starter for a BBC.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We run a Meziere mid plate mount one on the Dragster because we have to with the Chevy trans behind our odd ball engine. Also requires us to run their flexplate too.

One of them I won at a drag race so we use it. Third one I purchased as they have taken care of my when I have had a problem with over the years.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 983 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
16v 139 tooth Meziere and Meziere flexplate.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
ordered house of Payne cpl days ago and waiting for it o arrive.Hopefully everything works with block.If so I will have it on ASAP. If not I will be making another bloack and that will be a nights work on mill. Plus found another 10 pitch drive used that I can use to rebuild old starter in case shyt happens and usually does at some point.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post