DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Safety equipment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safety equipment
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Recent thread on roll bar padding and seems most use the half round meet the requirement stuff.

I normally go little over on safety equipment,maybe just history of running pro class or faster sportsman class' and seeing that crap happens and fast.

Question:
When purchasing safety equipment what do you get.

Choices:
Gets you by rules
meets nhra requirments
exceeds requirements
best you can buy

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Part of the reason I asked about the roll bar padding is because most of the SFI stuff I have seen is rather expensive and hard as a rock.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3993 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree thats why I went with the bigger padding like the ISP but at lot less cost.Personally can not see difference in mine and whats in buddy TA/D that my brother drives. Well except he has 1100 buck in his and I have 450 in seat and head area. SO I see 650 bucks difference.
http://www.garvinmotorsports.c.../Logo/GMSLOGO10m.gif

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post