New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red lights?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
A little info, I drive a sbc 4link dragster. It runs 5.40 +or- .02 most all year.Last fall at the last 4 of 5 events I attended either 3rd or 4th round I went.480 red on .510 previous light or setup. I added about 10lbs to the weight box in front of car. I can add more weight but I can't get my head around why if it's lifting wheels out of beams it doesn't happen til 6th or seventh pass of the day. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posts: 20 | Location: Michie,Tn. | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
D/A shocks/dampers > loosen the rebound adjuster, tighten compression and go down on tire pressure. It'll hold the nose down. Don't be bashful with the adjusters if you have quite a few clicks available, depending on brand.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
Did the 60' repeat within a couple of thousandths when it went red?

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't think 60s or et were off. I'll search slips and computer to see.

Posts: 20 | Location: Michie,Tn. | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
If the 60' is the same it didn't pick the tires up any more then it did on the previous pass.
Lately I went from .510 to .497 on the next pass and the 60' went up .013.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post