DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who’s grinding your camshafts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who’s grinding your camshafts?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who’s your go-to for race roller cams?
Just pulled a custom 4/7 swap Lunati that Lunati spec’d For me- they missed it by a mile. No more Lunati for me! Not a Comp fan either.
Sent my Lunati to Bullet, John said he could regrind it enough to work fine with my combo. Don’t have it back yet, heard they were backed up. Hope Bullet hooks me up.
Who’s everyone using now?

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
normally bullet for me

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Erson on most all of my motors...no issues so far.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Erson is still around?

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mine is an Erson….purchased through Reher/Morrison

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mopacltd:
Erson is still around?

BBC solid roller lifter Erson Cams for sale

Take care. Tom Woerthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Erson and Jones racing cams

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Erson in the 23* small block and
Bullit in the sb2 headed small block

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
After doing a bunch of research and asking questions I choose Bullet.

Now one other guy who seems pretty sharp is Mike Jones of Jones Racing Cams in Denver, Co.

Regardless of who you choose I would call a bunch of companies and get their opinion before you choose. I called one company and they asked me. "Big block or small block? Circle track or Drag? Okay you need this cam" Did not ask me what cubic inch, intake or heads, what rear gear, transmission, what kind of car or dragster, altered or what ever. Did not ask quarter mile or 1/8 or even what I was wanted to run or improve on. Obviously I would not buy anything from them.

Bullet asked a bunch of questions and gave me some options.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3973 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I've been using Custom Cams Inc. Tommy Kirk has always spec'd camshafts for me and they have been awesome. I install them in engines I build for customers. easy on valve springs and lifters. 662-988-3756.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 03, 2019 09:04 AM Hide Post
I've been using Custom Cams Inc. Tommy Kirk has always spec'd camshafts for me and they have been awesome. I install them in engines I build for customers. easy on valve springs and lifters. 662-988-3756.

i used them before,i do remember the cam not being very aggressive

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
After doing a bunch of research and asking questions I choose Bullet.

Now one other guy who seems pretty sharp is Mike Jones of Jones Racing Cams in Denver, Co.

Regardless of who you choose I would call a bunch of companies and get their opinion before you choose. I called one company and they asked me. "Big block or small block? Circle track or Drag? Okay you need this cam" Did not ask me what cubic inch, intake or heads, what rear gear, transmission, what kind of car or dragster, altered or what ever. Did not ask quarter mile or 1/8 or even what I was wanted to run or improve on. Obviously I would not buy anything from them.

Bullet asked a bunch of questions and gave me some options.

Yea with no input on combo you can be sure it will not be good match. Crap in and crap out.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:

How agreeable to grinding cam of your choice? Roughly cost. I am not in have to have now situation,but will be changing cam since what I have is too much for bracket deal. Might give him a call and see what he has to say.

Couple others have told they will not grind cam I want since they feel its not what I need. They may be right,but when I am paying I have stupid idea they should advise then build if I want.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Those buying from Erson are they custom grinds or off the shelf? Who is the go to guy at Erson?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 03, 2019 10:00 AM Hide Post
Those buying from Erson are they custom grinds or off the shelf? Who is the go to guy at Erson?

bullit is also erson

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Comp Cams. My cylinder head guy is good friends with Billy Goldbold....

Mike Jones of Jones Cams is not in Denver, Co. He's in Denver, NC...just an fyi....

I did try a Jones custom cam over my comp before I left Denver (CO). I lost more than .4 and 5 mph...my combo just didn't like the cam he sent...not saying he doesn't do good cams, just didn't work as well in my combo...

Last Erson cam I had ran well also....good cams.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
^^ Hows things down there "Tropics" lol Far cry from 10' of snow and - 40.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
^^ Hows things down there "Tropics" lol Far cry from 10' of snow and - 40.

Hot and humid. Ugh. Immokalee isn't working for me, can't stick my car for ****. Going to Bradenton next time. AC went out in the shop, gonna cost me $800 for the new fan motor. That's with me doing the install. Other than that, I miss home and am planning my eventual move back...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
Bullet on the last 4 , grinding me a new nitrous cam right now ... they have always been very fast ....I wouldn't be afraid to try Mike Jones Cams as well...

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Erson here. I have an account with PBM/Erson.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post