DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    CV products belt drive belt?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CV products belt drive belt?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Who can I get a belt from? Does anyone have a belt part number?

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I had to get mine from CV products for my small block. I tried to Google the part numbers I could see on the old belt, but didn't have much luck. They also changed from a good year belt to a continental belt.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same here, direct from CV

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Goodyear and Conti belts are likely the same just re-branded.Continental bought Goodyear Engineered Products (called Veyance)about three years ago.

Jesel and CV belts are not interchangeable. Jesel uses HTD2 profile and CV uses a Supertorque profile; both are 8mm pitch.

Rob

Posts: 110 | Location: Toronto | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
Who can I get a belt from? Does anyone have a belt part number?

Will, the part number for a Xceldyne belt drive, BBC standard cam location is XTC18020, I get them direct from CV products

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I guess ill call CV then. Just figured I'd try to combine parts orders from a dealer, but haven't found anyone thats a dealer.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
Island Racing Engines is an xceladyne dealer

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted Hide Post
I believe Nickels Performance is a dealer

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP Miller:
Island Racing Engines is an xceladyne dealer

That is where I bought mine.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3985 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post