DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric brake controller suggestion request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric brake controller suggestion request
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
I plan to install an electric brake controller on my '90 Chevy C3500 to control the electric brakes on my 16' open car trailer. Both axles have electric brakes.

Does anyone suggest a favorite type or model of brake controller for this application?

Thank you much

Posts: 333 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tekonsha P2 or P3. Both work equally as well. I’ve used the P2 in all my trucks.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ytoddmalibu
posted Hide Post
Tekonsha Primus or Kelsey Hayes are the best in my opinion. Both offer units that will be a direct plugin for your truck

3/28/2014 RIP Juli Pasch the love of my life for ever

Posts: 29 | Location: MidMichMotorplex | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Tekonsha P2 or P3. Both work equally as well. I’ve used the P2 in all my trucks.

X2

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thank you much, guys; I have noted that there are perhaps 5 dealers of Tekonsha products in my area.

Posts: 333 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I just had a Tekonsha primus installed in my yukon...$155 including installation...I pull an 18' open trailer...works fine...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post