DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    RHS 360 BBC HEADS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RHS 360 BBC HEADS
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Otime
posted
RHS BBC Pro Top Line 360 castings. Anyone had any experience using them.
Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Richmond VA | Registered: September 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I ran a set of 320 castings cnc'ed to 390. Never an issue

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Some of the better head porters claim that the short turn is too tall and begins to have a negative influence at around 6000rpm in a 540/565. I understand the 320cc version has more material for porting and is preferred for that reason. There are a few threads on Speed Talk about them.
Engine Quest started getting the old Pro Topline company in New Zealand to cast iron versions of both. They also have a 299cc rectangular port head cast that they refer to as a "502 replacement head". I have a set that I want to try on an RPM limited tow engine. Ports and valves on these are in traditional/conventional location.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 484 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Pro Topline and RHS bbc heads are good heads. The 320 head is the preferred starting point for serious builds. The 360 head has material missing in the wrong places for my tastes. I have lots of experience with those heads, aluminum and iron. The 360 heads will make good power and run well with a little work. If you need them worked give me a call. 432-558-2841.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Otime
posted Hide Post
Thank all you guys on providing some insight on these heads. I couldn't find much information about the RHS 360 as cast heads. Its good to have a forum to learn from. Thanks again!

Posts: 2 | Location: Richmond VA | Registered: September 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post