DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    EZ GO engine source
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EZ GO engine source
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
Buddy needs a new EZGO engine, anyone have a good source to get one? I use to use Motors and More, but they seem to have gone out of business.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob7181,

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do you need an EZ-Go engine or motor?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4439 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Sorry, I need an engine. I fixed it above.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
WAFG on my part, thinking EZGO may have Kawasaki engine?

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Pivotdoc,

It’s unfortunately a Robin 295cc engine.

Rob Robertson

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
You might try Buggies unlimited, I have bought from them in the past and always had quick shipment and fair prices

https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/

Posts: 2394 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
Vegas Carts Bolt in aftermarket Engines.

vegascarts.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I would second the Vegas cart engine swap.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Pivotdoc,

It’s unfortunately a Robin 295cc engine.

I been looking for 1 this week because mine broke a rod on Sunday and had 0 luck ended up buying another cart and swapping motors.

Posts: 154 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think that Briggs Vanguard swap might be the way to go. One thing about it, it should speed up quite a bit!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
This is for a buddy who broke a rod as well.

Rob Robertson

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Breaking a rod in those engines are fairly common. I went to a Yamaha cart and will never own another EZGO

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bought another cart and switched motors and am having the old one rebuilt. Should be done in about a week or 2 and could be for sale

Posts: 154 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Golf Cart King still sells a new crank/rod assembly for the EZ-Go Robin 2-stroke, for $159.95

Golf Cart King EZ-Go Crankshaft Assy

Thinking I should buy one now for a spare Big Grin
(My 38 year old EZ-Go bottom end may not last forever).

A tip that may help those who have one of these vintage 2-stroke carts: Do NOT go by the Mfr recommendation for gas/oil mix, (my 1982 cart has a sticker that specifies 1 Oz of oil per gallon of gas. That is a really weak ratio of 128:1).
A typical golfer may not even get a cart up to top speed, and if they do, it is for a very short time. My cart survived several seasons at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado, which is carved across the face of the mountains, with all pits on the upper side. Like many tracks, the return road from turnout all the way to the lanes is a straight shot that is probably close to a mile long. Not saying I ever exceeded whatever the speed limit is on that road, Smile but I always pitted right by the turnout, and made countless runs to the lanes and back. The poor thing has also been entered in pit vehicle races, etc. Do your cart a favor, for how little fuel they burn - use a high-quality SYNTHETIC 2-stroke oil like Lucas, (not the generic $1 crap you put in a weed whacker or leaf blower). And boost the ratio to at least twice what is recommended. I use a 50:1 mix, it really doesn't smoke at all, and has never fouled the same spark plug that was in it when I bought it 6 years ago, (Goodness knows how old it really is). If you consider the fact that 2-stroke crank & rod bearings receive absolutely No pressurized lubrication, only what little oil the fuel mixture deposits on them, it just makes sense to help it out some.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would check local classifieds as well. Sometimes you can get lucky with someone selling a cart who doesn't know any better and you can find one with the motor you need. Or ask your local shop. They usually have vendors. As mentioned above for parts like rods, brackets and mounts there are a number of quality businesses online. I always use Golf Cart Garage but BU and GCK are good too.

https://www.golfcartgarage.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Anaheim | Registered: October 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
EZ-GO is inferior in a lot of ways. Electric and gas both. I have been working on a lot of them lately. Lot of folks don't fix them and buy new yamaha. Sitting here looking at an electric unit. 36v. They run the wiring around the frame and it chaffs, then shorts the wire to the frame. Seen it several times. You'd think they (EZgo) would be smart enough to know.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post